ASUS ROG Strix B350F
CPU
Ryzen 3200G
Graphics
Visiontek RX 560M
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey,

So I'm trying to get El Capitan OS X setup on my Dell Inspirion 7558, it has HD 5500 graphics and I am trying to use this guide to get the installation up and running: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...hd-graphics-5500-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3-a.html

Problem I'm having is at STEP 2.2: Using EFI Shell to change DVMT settings in BIOS: (2) Dump/Fetch a completed BIOS file.

I've tried using "Universal BIOS Backup ToolKit 2.0" to dump a backup of my BIOS to the desktop, but when I open the tool it gives me a message saying "Can not identify the BIOS!". I've been searching through google for a tool that may work with my system/BIOS, but so far have come up empty handed.

I have never done anything with modding the BIOS, so I figured it would be better to ask then screw something up.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone knows of a tool or method that will work for my system to get the BIOS file onto my desktop so that I can continue with the steps provided.

As I said above, my system is a Dell Inspiron 7558, CPU is i7-5500U @2.4GHz, graphics are Intel HD 5500 (as noted above), BIOS is InsydeH20 version A08, if you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks in advanced!

Think I've got it, extracted from the exe file downloaded from the manufacturer site using pheonixtool, thanks anyways!

Thanks for your post, it works

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back