Contribute
Register

[solved] HDMI issues with HP Pavilion Touch Smart 14 n033tx (Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP Pavilion Touch Smart 14 n033tx (Clover)
CPU
Intel Haswell ULT Core i5 4200U / H8x/P8x
Graphics
Intel HD 4400 , Nvidia GeForce 7200n , 1366x786
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi again everyone.Actually I wanted to use the HDMI Cable on Mac OS X El Capitan which is installed on my Haswell ULT Laptop. But the problem is that when i plug in the HDMI Cable to my laptop the OS X El Capitan suddenly hangs and restarts.Any Help?Thanks

When Plugging the HDMI Cable on my laptop the OS X El Capitan Hangs and restarts.

Thanks for reply.Now HDMI display is working but not the audio. As your instructions how I find the HDMI Port using IORegistry? Also I couldn't understand - you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU/HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)- also layout-id injection is required on HDAU (use same layout-id as you're using for HDEF)If you could describe it?

When Plugging the HDMI Cable on my laptop the OS X El Capitan Hangs and restarts.

Thanks for reply.Now HDMI display is working but not the audio. As your instructions how I find the HDMI Port using IORegistry? Also I couldn't understand - you have to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" for IGPU/HDAU objects. This is usually done with DSDT/SSDT edits (_DSM methods)- also layout-id injection is required on HDAU (use same layout-id as you're using for HDEF)If you could describe it?

Let's first see what you have completed, and what is still left to do.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Here it is=View attachment 181512

This ioreg shows no HDMI device connected (no patch to the framebuffer for HDMI audio either.. connector-type in both framebuffer@1 and framebuffer@2 is still <00 04 00 00> instead of <00 08 00 00>).

Other problems:
- No hda-gfx injection on anything.
- You're using VoodooHDA, not AppleHDA.
- B0D3 is not renamed HDAU
- layout-id is set to 0 (on both B0D3 and HDEF)

Actually Sir Really It is a tough process so c can you please guide me in simple words on How to and where do the below steps?
As you said:
This ioreg shows no HDMI device connected (no patch to the framebuffer for HDMI audio either.. connector-type in both framebuffer@1 and framebuffer@2 is still <00 04 00 00> instead of <00 08 00 00>).

Other problems:

Actually Sir Really It is a tough process so c can you please guide me in simple words on How to and where do the below steps?
As you said:

Other problems:

Information on patched AppleHDA is in the FAQ:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

By plugging in an HDMI monitor and examining ioreg, you can determine which framebuffer instance the HDMI port corresponds. From that data you can enable the appropriate patch for that connector (0105 or 0204).

The plists linked by my guide have the patches already present, but are disabled:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

The hda-gfx injection (and B0D3->HDAU rename) can be done via ACPI patches. "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" will do both the hda-gfx injection (and layout-id inject for HDAU) and the rename. And "Audio Layout 3" will do the layout-id injection on HDEF. You will need to customize the layout-id for your patched AppleHDA (layout-id is an arbitrary choice on the part of the person patching AppleHDA).

See ACPI patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

I patched the AppleHDA.kext for my audio and the audio is working and renamed the bd03 to HDAU and all other steps but now when I connect HDMI Cable My laptop suddenly hangs and restarts.
Here is clover folder=View attachment 181622
Here is IOReg=View attachment 181621

I patched the AppleHDA.kext for my audio and the audio is working and renamed the bd03 to HDAU and all other steps but now when I connect HDMI Cable My laptop suddenly hangs and restarts.
Here is clover folder=View attachment 181622
Here is IOReg=View attachment 181621

Use the "(12)" framebuffer patch variants (for both 0105 and 0204) instead of the non-12 ones.

You can see them in the plists in my guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Remove the patches you have for HDMI audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back