Contribute
Register

[Solved] HDD not recognised by Disk Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.
The High Sierra installer finally recognises my SSD properly, yet it treats both of my internal drives as external. Is it safe for me to install?
20171125_022752.jpg

The High Sierra installer finally recognises my SSD properly, yet it treats both of my internal drives as external. Is it safe for me to install?
Yes, but you can try the external icons patch.

ExtIcons.png

The installation worked. After that, however, it turned black with a green light after the Apple logo. It seems that many people with outdated elements also encountered the same problem.

I am reinstalling macOS Sierra back to my computer and I will wait for a new computer in the future. The installation of High Sierra really took me too much time.

Or are people missing the View menu?
Definitely want View -> "Show All Devices"

I thought so too, but selecting this did not reveal the unformatted SSD. However running diskutil list showed my SSD at disk0 and diskutil eraseDisk [...] allowed me to format it and then it showed up in the High Sierra installer after rebooting.

I was having problems getting the installer to recognize my SSD too. After trying several disks, I changed some settings in the BIOS and now it works. Think I set it to ATA instead of intels rapid disk.... something. Now the installer recognizes all the disks I put in my old Dell Latitude E6230.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back