i5 7600k
Graphics
XFX RX 5600XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I am having issues with the booting process of my first Hackintosh. Whilst running Disk Utility (step 4.6 of the installation guide) there is no option to choose my HDD (1Tb WD blue). I have made sure all bios settings are as what they should be (AHCI for the mobo and the SATA drives themselves, matched all of the recommended settings in the installation guide) and I have tried installing the kext files within the USB drive.

None of these have worked and I have found issues online similar to mine but with no solutions on other websites.
I am trying to boot High Sierra with an Asus Tuf Z270 Mark 1 Motherboards.

Thanks for any help.
AengusPenguin

Whilst running Disk Utility (step 4.6 of the installation guide) there is no option to choose my HDD (1Tb WD blue).
There is a bug in High Sierra 10.13.0/10.13.1 where it can't see uninitialised drives.

Try to format the disk in Terminal:
diskutil partitionDisk Disk-Device GPT JHFS+ VOLUME-NAME R

Replace Disk-Device with the device name of the unformatted disk, i.e. /dev/disk0 (if you only have 1 disk it will be this)
Replace VOLUME-NAME with the volume name you want.

There is a bug in High Sierra 10.13.0/10.13.1 where it can't see uninitialised drives.

Or are people missing the View menu?
Definitely want View -> "Show All Devices"

There is also the similar bug that the 10.13.1 installer cannot recognise my Intel SSD 330 Series properly, saying it uninitialised but it is not. The formatting command does not work for it.

Thank you very much BreBo, your help is muchly appreciated. The code in terminal worked. Heres to hoping the rest of the process runs smoothly

Thank you for your comment. Would they work when I am installing High Sierra from my USB stick? They don’t look like methods for the installer.
You can edit your config.plist in your EFI/CLOVER folder on your USB stick's EFI partition and add the Fix for ICH10.
Or
You can try to add the AppleAHCIPort.kext to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on your USB stick's EFI partition.
I'm not sure if this will work as it's recommended to install the kext in Library/Extensions, but you can always try.

You can edit your config.plist in your EFI/CLOVER folder on your USB stick's EFI partition and add the Fix for ICH10.
Or
You can try to add the AppleAHCIPort.kext to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder on your USB stick's EFI partition.
I'm not sure if this will work as it's recommended to install the kext in Library/Extensions, but you can always try.

So sorry that the KEXT doesn’t work for me. I also don’t know how to edit the config.plist file with Clover Configurator, as the method doesn’t talk much about details.

I also don’t know how to edit the config.plist file with Clover Configurator, as the method doesn’t talk much about details.
ICH10_Fix.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back