1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My current Hackintosh configuration:

CPU: i7 4790K
MB: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S
GPU: Nvidia GTX980
RAM: 16GB DDR3 Kingston RAM

Installed the web Nvidia graphics from here: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/367/WebDriver-367.15.10.35f01.pkg

I have configured everything following the tutorial and the only problem facing is where screen goes to sleep while booting. Same issue is mentioned here. I have already install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext using KextBeast as per the wiki but that did not fix my issue.

After few hours of frustration, ordered another motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H Intel H97 Motherboard) thinking that will fix my issue which I'm not sure as of now.

are my motherboard & gpu not compatible for Hackintosh?

Had anyone got the GA-H97M-D3H and GTX980 to work in MacOS Sierra (if this combination has the same problem, probably I would cancel my order).

I'm inches away from having a fully functional Hackintosh, any help is appreciated.

My current Hackintosh configuration:

CPU: i7 4790K
MB: Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S
GPU: Nvidia GTX980
RAM: 16GB DDR3 Kingston RAM

Installed the web Nvidia graphics from here: https://images.nvidia.com/mac/pkg/367/WebDriver-367.15.10.35f01.pkg

I have configured everything following the tutorial and the only problem facing is where screen goes to sleep while booting. Same issue is mentioned here. I have already install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext using KextBeast as per the wiki but that did not fix my issue.

After few hours of frustration, ordered another motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H Intel H97 Motherboard) thinking that will fix my issue which I'm not sure as of now.

are my motherboard & gpu not compatible for Hackintosh?

Had anyone got the GA-H97M-D3H and GTX980 to work in MacOS Sierra (if this combination has the same problem, probably I would cancel my order).

I'm inches away from having a fully functional Hackintosh, any help is appreciated.

Please post your config.plist. Your hardware is fine so there is something else going on.

Please post your config.plist. Your hardware is fine so there is something else going on.

Thanks a lot Jim for taking a look.
I have attached the config.plist file (If I'm correct you asked the plist file present here: EFI > EFI > CLOVER > config.plist)

I have already tried following two things:
1. Used the AGDPfix, this did not work (You mentioned in another thread not to use this)
2. Used KextBeast to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext. This also did not work :(

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 265
What port are you using on your card and monitor?

You are using iMac14,2 so using the NvidiaGraphicFixUp.kext or AGDPfix are not necessary.

I'm using display port on GPU and mini display on monitor. iMac14,2 was the default selection in MultiBeast and I didn't change that. Should I use any other system definition?

I'm using display port on GPU and mini display on monitor. iMac14,2 was the default selection in MultiBeast and I didn't change that. Should I use any other system definition?

Try changing the Monitor settings from DP1.2 to DP 1.1

Try changing the Monitor settings from DP1.2 to DP 1.1
WOW!! Finally this worked. Thank you Jim!!

I'm little curious about it. Is this a known issue?
My current monitor resolution is 1440 and DP1.1 adequate to drive it. But I'm planning to replace it with a 4K/60Hz monitor, in that case I can't run it at native frequency and resolution with DP1.1. Is there be any fix/workaround coming for DP1.2?

Thanks Again!!

WOW!! Finally this worked. Thank you Jim!!

I'm little curious about it. Is this a known issue?
My current monitor resolution is 1440 and DP1.1 adequate to drive it. But I'm planning to replace it with a 4K/60Hz monitor, in that case I can't run it at native frequency and resolution with DP1.1. Is there be any fix/workaround coming for DP1.2?

Thanks Again!!

It's hit or miss honestly. I have a Dell U2415 which is a 1920x1200 monitor and DP1.2 works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back