Contribute
Register

[Solved] Graphics card not working, audio not working, and glitches in safari and onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
put FakeSMC.kext in clover/kexts/other
I put fakesmc.kext in and it worked but now I cannot connect to the internet even with my Ethernet plugged in. Before putting the kext in the Ethernet was working

Right.

Boot with the -v command-line so you get a screen of text. This will tell us where the system is hanging.
:)
Ok I got my WiFi to work I just needed to install the drivers and I also installed the voodoohd drivers and now I have audio! But what should I do for the graphics because I already have the drivers but it isn’t active.

I put fakesmc.kext in and it worked but now I cannot connect to the internet even with my Ethernet plugged in. Before putting the kext in the Ethernet was working

Ok, that maybe so, but FakeSMC is needed where you've put it.

Check About this Mac/System Report for the Ethernet Cards page. What do you have there? You will need an Intel kext, probably IntelMausiEthernet.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other (or Library/Extensions). Also it should be showing as "BSD name: en0".

Ok I got my WiFi to work I just needed to install the drivers and I also installed the voodoohd drivers and now I have audio! But what should I do for the graphics because I already have the drivers but it isn’t active.

Check your command-line and remove nv_disable=1

Let us know if that doesn't work.

Check your command-line and remove nv_disable=1

Let us know if that doesn't work.
It already is disabled so I shut down the computer and put a check on enable Nvidia Drivers and it worked for me but how can I make it so it’ll always have the graphics drivers enabled?

It already is disabled so I shut down the computer and put a check on enable Nvidia Drivers and it worked for me but how can I make it so it’ll always have the graphics drivers enabled?

You can just edit your config.plist. If you are not too sure how you can use Clover Configurator. Back-up your original config.plist to start with, then Open it with Clover Configurator, go to the Boot tab. In the top-left corner, Arguments, tick the "nvda_drv=1" box and untick/clear "nv_disable=1".

You can just edit your config.plist. If you are not too sure how you can use Clover Configurator. Back-up your original config.plist to start with, then Open it with Clover Configurator, go to the Boot tab. In the top-left corner, Arguments, tick the "nvda_drv=1" box and untick/clear "nv_disable=1".

Thank you so much one last question can I upgrade to high Sierra? If so how can I do it with out having to redownload my drivers?

Thank you so much one last question can I upgrade to high Sierra? If so how can I do it with out having to redownload my drivers?

Well after so much hard work getting Sierra up and running you will probably want to make a full system backup using something like Carbon Copy Cloner or similar. If things go wrong you can then revert to how it was before.

High Sierra brings a lot of new technology with it. If you have installed to HDD, and not an SSD, you don't have to worry about the new file-system, it won't get installed. There are many other smaller differences too and for sure you will have to re-install certain drivers like sound and graphics. MultiBeast is always your friend here. Get the correct version.

Also you need to check if any critical software you use will still run under High Sierra, and check if it has been updated by the provider. Personally I would have stayed with plain old Sierra if I had known how many of my software titles would no-longer work properly (several haven't been updated).

So do your research first, back-up your present system and then decide ... :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back