Contribute
Register

[Solved] Graphics card not working, audio not working, and glitches in safari and onboard graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there.

@Jamesbond007 is correct. All the symptoms you list in your first post are indicative of a GPU without acceleration. As you know you need the Nvidia drivers to support your card and have installed them BUT have you set NVRAM emulation in the Clover install? This is needed to contain the settings Nvidia needs. Also, probably RC Scripts.

If that doesn't work boot into safe mode with the -x command-line switch or from the Clover menu, press Spacebar etc. then select it.

See if you get to the desktop. I'm guessing for the strange Apple message about verification, you've got there already. If you're build is running don't log into your Apple account. It's not needed to get the system built, only once you are happy with it. If a serial-number changes it can require your account unlocking - which is not very friendly of Apple.

Set your SMBIOS to something like an iMac14,2 for good compatibility.

As for 4k, the HD530 doesn't support it as far as I know so don't try. Can you switch your monitor to plain old HD from it's own menu?

:)
I tried everything as well here and I connected my HD530 to my tv and still got the same result nothing is working at all.

Ok. Sorry to hear that.

First up let us know exactly how far you are getting. Previously you got as far as an Apple message and it seemed you had a running system with Safari displaying acceleration problems.

You need to break the problem down so you can solve it (or them).

For example the info about NVRAM and your graphics card is correct. Depending on which version of Clover you are using there are different options but I am assuming you are using the one that installs with UniBeast (?)

Audio problems can be because of the SupremeFX chipset Asus uses. Do a search here. It looks as though using the VooDooHD driver gets it working.

LAN is an Intel option and in MultiBeast.

As I said previously, use system definition iMac14,2. Set. BIOS to XHCI Enabled, VT-d Disabled. iGPU to Auto (or Off) First Graphics Init to PCIe. Connect monitor via HDMI on the Nvidia 1070 etc.. etc..

Let us know in what way "... nothing is working at all."

:thumbup:

Ok. Sorry to hear that.

First up let us know exactly how far you are getting. Previously you got as far as an Apple message and it seemed you had a running system with Safari displaying acceleration problems.

You need to break the problem down so you can solve it (or them).

For example the info about NVRAM and your graphics card is correct. Depending on which version of Clover you are using there are different options but I am assuming you are using the one that installs with UniBeast (?)

Audio problems can be because of the SupremeFX chipset Asus uses. Do a search here. It looks as though using the VooDooHD driver gets it working.

LAN is an Intel option and in MultiBeast.

As I said previously, use system definition iMac14,2. Set. BIOS to XHCI Enabled, VT-d Disabled. iGPU to Auto (or Off) First Graphics Init to PCIe. Connect monitor via HDMI on the Nvidia 1070 etc.. etc..

Let us know in what way "... nothing is working at all."

:thumbup:

Yes my usb is via the unibeast installation. I did uninstall Sierra and reinstall and this is what I did:
1) I downloaded multibeast and at the beginning of it all I had Ethernet working out of the installation.
2) I downloaded the nvidia web drivers fix and the IMac 14,2 installation.
3)I then installed clover on the Hackintosh by downloading and installing it not through multibeast.
4) I would install the graphics drivers and reboot.
5) I would load into clover via the hard drive and It would load and try and boot and the screen would go black or the Apple logo gets stuck at around 70%
6) The BIOS settings In the motherboard were already configured.
7) I would shut down the computer and boot via the usb without the web drivers and it boots normally still at 256mb of graphics.

And that’s it. Also the Config.Plist was already configured oddly to everything you guys had told me to do so I didn’t change anything but I did look. For some reason I always get stuck on step 5 loading from the hard drive.

Yes my usb is via the unibeast installation. I did uninstall Sierra and reinstall and this is what I did:
1) I downloaded multibeast and at the beginning of it all I had Ethernet working out of the installation.
2) I downloaded the nvidia web drivers fix and the IMac 14,2 installation.
3)I then installed clover on the Hackintosh by downloading and installing it not through multibeast.
4) I would install the graphics drivers and reboot.
5) I would load into clover via the hard drive and It would load and try and boot and the screen would go black or the Apple logo gets stuck at around 70%
6) The BIOS settings In the motherboard were already configured.
7) I would shut down the computer and boot via the usb without the web drivers and it boots normally still at 256mb of graphics.

And that’s it. Also the Config.Plist was already configured oddly to everything you guys had told me to do so I didn’t change anything but I did look. For some reason I always get stuck on step 5 loading from the hard drive.

Okay, it does certainly sound though it's the GPU or its driver causing the problem. It it boots that far and then sticks it is not changing over to the GPU drivers correctly. If it boots to UniBeast it is running without acceleration. Unless you have faulty hardware that proves that your system is ok just not configured.

So are you installing Sierra or High Sierra?

Try this -

Insert the UniBeast stick.
Check which Disk ID it is by running DiskUtil
Using "EFI Mounter v3" from the downloads section, select the correct Disk ID when it shows you the two and then copy UniBeast's config.plist to your desktop.
Unmount UniBeast.
Mount the EFI partition of your main hard drive.
Navigate to the EFI/CLOVER folder and rename the config there to something like config.old etc.
Copy UniBeast's config.plist into place in your hard drive EFI/CLOVER folder.
Reboot and then install the Nvidia drivers again. Use the -x command-line if you need to but I don't think you will.
Reboot and see how that looks and report back.

Okay, it does certainly sound though it's the GPU or its driver causing the problem. It it boots that far and then sticks it is not changing over to the GPU drivers correctly. If it boots to UniBeast it is running without acceleration. Unless you have faulty hardware that proves that your system is ok just not configured.

So are you installing Sierra or High Sierra?

Try this -

Insert the UniBeast stick.
Check which Disk ID it is by running DiskUtil
Using "EFI Mounter v3" from the downloads section, select the correct Disk ID when it shows you the two and then copy UniBeast's config.plist to your desktop.
Unmount UniBeast.
Mount the EFI partition of your main hard drive.
Navigate to the EFI/CLOVER folder and rename the config there to something like config.old etc.
Copy UniBeast's config.plist into place in your hard drive EFI/CLOVER folder.
Reboot and then install the Nvidia drivers again. Use the -x command-line if you need to but I don't think you will.
Reboot and see how that looks and report back.

I still get stuck completely when I boot from the hard drive. I did move the config.plists and it’s still stuck like this. I’m trying to install os Sierra and have wanted to install high Sierra but I think my components won’t match for it. So I still can’t install the drivers from the hard drive and can’t load until their because it’s stuck forever but I still can use my usb

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
I still get stuck completely when I boot from the hard drive. I did move the config.plists and it’s still stuck like this. I’m trying to install os Sierra and have wanted to install high Sierra but I think my components won’t match for it. So I still can’t install the drivers from the hard drive and can’t load until their because it’s stuck forever but I still can use my usb

Right.

Boot with the -v command-line so you get a screen of text. This will tell us where the system is hanging.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 49
That’s where it’s stuck in verbose mode (-v) on the hard drive

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.
What should I do about it then? How should I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back