Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Gigabyte 6850 Dual Screens GE=Yes with Duckweed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deverall said:
I just setup my Hackintosh and I cannot get the second monitor to work. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 with a Sapphire Radeon 6850 card. Can anyone talk me through what I need to do to get the second monitor up and running?
With the latest Chameleon and "GraphicsEnabler=yes", you will have dual monitor support through the dual link (upper) DVI and DisplayPort connectors.
If you need HDMI, I'm not sure you can get dual monitor to work. You'd specify "GraphicsEnabler=yes" and "AtiConfig=Lotus". But then I think the HDMI port is the only one that will work – at least DisplayPort and the dual link DVI connector don't work with Lotus.

Update: If you set "GraphicsEnabler=no", you will get DisplayPort, HDMI, and the dual-link DVI to work out of the box, without any hacking at all.

Update 2: Major difference when not using GraphicsEnabler=yes is that no frame buffer is loaded and applications like DVD player and Steam games will crash.
With the current default frame buffer for 6850, "Duckweed", (AtiConfig=Duckweed), DVI-D and DisplayPort work, but HDMI does not display an image, even though connected displays are recognized.

Any further progress on keeping GE=yes and getting both DVI ports to work? I picked this card because it was part of the recommended sandy bridge builds and was listed as fully working. I hope it really can be made fully functional soon!

I'm also having problems but I just can't get the 6850 to load anything with a single monitor (connected with no DVI/VGA adapter) unless GraphicsEnabler=No. I believe OS X loads but the signal cuts to my monitor after the white Apple loading screen.

I've tried Duckweed (ATIconfig in org.chameleon.boot.plist) but no luck. any suggestions?

Same Situation here. I am using a GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (Intel Core i5 2500K with integrated HD3000 Graphics) with an Sapphire 6850.
Upper DVI: VGA Screen with DVI VGA Adapter
Second DVI: DVI Screen. (On this card, it is not possible to connect the adapter to the second DVI port)

This works, when used without GE=yes, and Framebuffer "Duckweed" is enabled. But I would prefer to use

It does not work with GE=Yes. For games, in example i have to connect the DVI screen to the upper port, and do not have dual screen working.

Will a DisplayPort-> VGA adapter solve this and allow dualscreen with GE=yes?

See my config in the sig including port connects, boot options (Bulrushes) and Cinebench score at over 50 fps..... This for the Gigabyte card. Sapphire 6850 is problematic - do a search for it in the forums.

Good luck

redshift82r said:
See my config in the sig including port connects, boot options (Bulrushes) and Cinebench score at over 50 fps..... This for the Gigabyte card. Sapphire 6850 is problematic - do a search for it in the forums.

Good luck

Sorry for the probably obvious question. Where do I add the

aticonfig=bulrushes

and such. Thanks

Put it in your org.chameleon.boot.plist file or type it at boot time. Interrupt the countdown screen and then down arrow. Select boot and type those three commands separated by space.
Seriously, you need to learn to search and read. It's been posted many times! Bulrushes works only for Gigabyte 6850 as per my sig. If you have a sapphire card, do a search for it.

Second dvi port does not work with this method, but all other ports do.

All the best. Read, read and read again!

redshift82r said:
Put it in your org.chameleon.boot.plist file or type it at boot time. Interrupt the countdown screen and then down arrow. Select boot and type those three commands separated by space.
Seriously, you need to learn to search and read. It's been posted many times! Bulrushes works only for Gigabyte 6850 as per my sig. If you have a sapphire card, do a search for it.

So I can just stick those lines in anywhere in the org.chameleon.boot.plist file? I have the gigabyte 6850 card. I will have to dig around and see if i have an hdmi cable around. Thanks

flyfishin4trout said:
redshift82r said:

So I can just stick those lines in anywhere in the org.chameleon.boot.plist file? I have the gigabyte 6850 card. I will have to dig around and see if i have an hdmi cable around. Thanks

Try this post ( which you could find by .... Um I don't know...... Searching for Radeon 6850 or ..... Bulrushes Chameleon ...........!)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=38917&start=21

:banghead: :lol:

I am using a hdmi to dvi cable and still get to the boot screen and the second monitor goes to sleep mode.

It sees the other monitor and detects the monitor type and it can be selected in displays. But never wakes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back