Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Getting Prohibited Sign when booting into Clover Recovery HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best to add the kexts to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ folder and add the patch to your config.plist first.
Then simply try with the USB installer all USB ports
If that's not working try the other suggestions on the list.
So I have realized both of the USB drives that I have used are indeed 2.0 drives... so I am puzzled why I am getting the prohibited sign...could it be due to a bios that needs updating?

Is this computer just Hackintosh alone or dual boot with Windows?.

If you have, for example Windows 10 in dual-boot, you can boot into that and mount the EFI Partition of your macOS SSD (because EFI is FAT ) using Elevated command prompt or much easier with "MiniTool Partition Manager" (limited-use-ware), giving the EFI vol an unassigned drive letter (ex Z) to mount and through a USB flash disk get the kext you want to install on to the EFI Partition. It is a multi-step process more involved than the way I have presented it here in a short-hand form.
I could give it a try, problem is the drive I have used for Mac OS is an M.2 SSD, so I could try to remove it from my MOBO and then add it to an external enclosure.. then connect it to my MacBook and mount the EFI and add the kexts..

Just tried plugging the usb 3.0 drive into a usb 2.0 hub and still nothing...could it still be because of the usb drive?
USB 3.0 drive won't work in USB 2 port ; USB 2.0 disk can often but not always be accessed through USB 3.0 port.

I could give it a try, problem is the drive I have used for Mac OS is an M.2 SSD, so I could try to remove it from my MOBO and then add it to an external enclosure.. then connect it to my MacBook and mount the EFI and add the kexts..
that will work

Here is the message I am getting currently when booting from the USB installer in verbose mode. I have usbinjectall kext, the patch, and the xhci kext installed.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20180925_231008.jpg
    20180925_231008.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 87
Here is the message I am getting currently when booting from the USB installer in verbose mode. I have usbinjectall kext, the patch, and the xhci kext installed.
What version of High Sierra is this?
Looks like the patch for 10.13.6 is not working as I still see a message regarding the port limit reached, and not creating the remaining 11 ports.

Yes, I will try to find out. I just downloaded high sierra from the mac app store, how could I find out the version? I also have a sierra installer usb so I will try adding the necessary kexts and patches to it, maybe it will boot. I also need to add the patch for my samsung 950 pro nvme drive.

When installing this means that your USB flash drive cannot be found.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
If you only have USB3 ports try with your USB flash drive in a USB2 hub.
Make sure Fast Boot is not activated in your BIOS.

May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May need PMHeart’s patch for 10.13.6 to remove XHCI USB Port Limit to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.
So I took out the XHCI 200 series kext as I have a Z170 board, and added fixUSB in clover... I verified that I have 10.13.16, and now I am getting this message..

Attachments

• 20180926_105341.jpg
    20180926_105341.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 53
Yes, I will try to find out. I just downloaded high sierra from the mac app store, how could I find out the version? I also have a sierra installer usb so I will try adding the necessary kexts and patches to it, maybe it will boot. I also need to add the patch for my samsung 950 pro nvme drive.
how could I find out the version?

• If you still have the used High Sierra USB Installer disk with that MacOS high Sierra or it is in the Applications Folder of Mac Or Hack, using Finder> Applications Folder or USB Installer Disk >MacOS Installer> R-click>Show Package Contents>Contents>Version.plist>Text Editor

• See 4 images of HowToFindVersion on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 USB Installer

Attachments

• 1.Finder_Locations_macOS High Sierra Installer(USB).png
    1.Finder_Locations_macOS High Sierra Installer(USB).png
    147.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 2.InstallMacOS.png
    2.InstallMacOS.png
    266.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 3.Rt click Install MacOSHig Sierra_Show Package Contents.png
    3.Rt click Install MacOSHig Sierra_Show Package Contents.png
    332.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 4.Contents_Version Plist -view in Text Editor.png