i5
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am trying this for a few days now and can not get the firewire port to work, searched every posible forum and post and still no luck.
There are two things I did follow, one is that the firewire port is there if I do not use a DSDT file, but I then loose graphics and I have not checked what else.
Tried the latest DSDT for my bios rev (11) that made things even worse, (could not even load the OS)and had to boot again from an older installation ( have a spare drive with it for this case ) and copy a rev 6 DSDT.
Tried editing the HPET entry and reserving more IRQ with no luck either.
I am now desperate, need to import video to edit and kind of stuck.
Running OSX 10.7.2 , checked my other build on GA-H55N-USB3 and it is in the same shape.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

BB

Re: GA-H55M-USB3 with i5 DSDT problems with firewire

Make sure the IEEE1394 device is enabled in the bios.

If it is, get rid of the DSDT and just install easybeast with system utilities.
After that, delete JMicron36xSATA, EvoReboot, AHCI3rdPartySATA and run system utilities again so that the only multibeast kexts you have left are LegacyAppleRTC, FakeSMC and NullPowerManagement.

Shut the puter down (don't restart it), boot it again and extract your vanilla dsl file.

Upload it here and I will try to help you.

Are you using the right BIOS for your board revision? There are two BIOS revisions, rev.1 and rev.2
My Firewire worked first up, without having to add or remove any kexts. Used DSDT from this site. The machine has been working for over a year now.

See if this works?

Delete LegacyAppleRTC and NullPowerManagement and run system utilities before adding the attached DSDT.

Try it with just FakeSMC, ALC8xxHDA (+ rollback but no legacy889HDA kext is needed) and AHCI3rdPartySATA.
Use Lnx2Mac's installer for Lan.

This DSDT takes care of sleep/wake as well so you don't have to add any dodgy sleep kexts.

If you are running 10.7.2, you will need to run the lion sleep fix in terminal or the cmos will reset next time you boot.
(This is standard procedure with 10.7 on a gigabyte)
Make a copy of AppleRTC.kext and keep it somewhere safe just in case you make a mistake with the fix.
Cut N paste the attached text files into terminal.
Be sure to close terminal after running the "First This" text and re-open terminal to run the "Then This" text.
Repair permissions using disc utilities after doing this and your system should be fully working.

Best of luck

Attachments

• bb85025.zip
    7.7 KB · Views: 111
  • Lion Sleep Fix.zip
    2 KB · Views: 101

Great!

It's pretty important to edit the vanilla dsl taken from the actual machine the DSDT is gonna be used on, as certain hardware config's, GPU, Ram, PCIe cards, etc, can change things.

What I did was applied MaLdOn's H55M-USB3 patches, along with some manual editing and checking, to your own vanilla dsl.
The resulting DSDT compiles with 0 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks and 5 Optimizations and is right for your system.

Another thing to lookout for is the patched USB3 1.07 driver found in Mulibeast 4.1.
Don't use the latest one!
1.07 has serious problems after first sleep!

Use USB3 driver 1.01 from the Snow Leopard version of Multibeast.

If you've already installed the USB3 driver 1.07, delete that kext, run system utilities and install the previous version.

EDIT!

The USB3 driver has been updated again to version 1.08 and it's looking like they've actually fixed it this time.:clap:
I've only tried it on the one machine but it definitely looks promising.

Both the updated USB3 driver 1.08 and the Lion Sleep Fix (Patched AppleRTC) are now included in the brand new Multibeast 4.2.0.

Happy Dayz

Plexi.
Thanks again.
I now have firewire and USB3 working great.
When I started this a few months ago, I gave up being able to use the board's USB3..
Everything is now working and many thanks to you and the fact you went the extra mile with the latest post.
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back