Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] From El Capitan to Sierra: Progress bar fills 80% but then shuts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be worth removing it until your upgrade to Sierra is complete.
Just removed the 1070 and attempted to boot the installer and got pretty much the same effect. If I boot without injected kexts I get an "unable to start IOHIDDevice" at the end before it just halts and I have to force restart the system. If I choose with selected options I get "Sound assertion in AppleHDDriver at line 3747" and another iteration with the number "1098". After those lines it just flashes to black screen and I have to force reset.

Just removed the 1070 and attempted to boot the installer and got pretty much the same effect. If I boot without injected kexts I get an "unable to start IOHIDDevice" at the end before it just halts and I have to force restart the system. If I choose with selected options I get "Sound assertion in AppleHDDriver at line 3747" and another iteration with the number "1098". After those lines it just flashes to black screen and I have to force reset.

Try with this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.6 KB · Views: 219
Here is what I am seeing

Attachments

• image.JPG
    image.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 84
Oh also, when I hit space bar and view all of my options. I notice the word (null) for the install. Does that matter?

Oh also, when I hit space bar and view all of my options. I notice the word (null) for the install. Does that matter?
With your frankly baffling account settings your posts do not appear in the Activity feed which I monitor.
This means that if you do not use quoted replies then I do not get a notification that you have posted.
It is akin to whispering for help.

Because your results are the same now as before I would question that you are booting from the config.plist that you think you are. An easy way to check is to toggle the verbose mode on or off in your config.plist, boot from it and see if the mode changes.

With your frankly baffling account settings your posts do not appear in the Activity feed which I monitor.
This means that if you do not use quoted replies then I do not get a notification that you have posted.
It is akin to whispering for help.

Because your results are the same now as before I would question that you are booting from the config.plist that you think you are. An easy way to check is to toggle the verbose mode on or off in your config.plist, boot from it and see if the mode changes.

Yea I turned off verbose mode and it did in fact go back to the Apple Logo. Do I need to delete any kexts or remove any information aside from the config in order to possibly remedy this issue?

Btw, thank you for the help so far.

Last edited:
Yea I turned of verbose mode and it did in fact go back to the Apple Logo. Do I need to delete any kexts or remove any information aside from the config in order to possibly remedy this issue?
Try safe mode.

Attachments

• image2 (1).JPG
    image2 (1).JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 83
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back