Contribute
Register

[Solved] "Failed to initialize graphics firmware" after atempted upgrade to Sierra from El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z170M Mortar
CPU
i5-6600K
Graphics
GTX1060
Hello, First off i apologize if ive entered this post into the wrong thread. I recently began putting together a El captain machine, and after getting El Cap up and running i attempted to upgrade to Sierra and managed to get the installer to run and to bot to the upgrade partition on the hardrive in my system. However after attempting to rebot the system the -v put out the "Failed to initialize graphics firmware" error and ive been playing around with the clover config and kexts on a bootmager usb to try and get into the OS. Ive attached the config.plist file ive been using and a image of the -v error im getting. I appreciate any ep you can offer.

Attachments

• config1.plist
    6.9 KB · Views: 272
  • IMAG0050.jpg
    IMAG0050.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 223
However after attempting to rebot the system the -v put out the "Failed to initialize graphics firmware" error and ive been playing around with the clover config and kexts on a bootmager usb to try and get into the OS.
There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.

There are changes to the new 10.12.5 Intel graphics drivers which may cause black screen or hang on boot.

Try to boot with an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678).
At Clover Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID

When you reach the desktop, install the kexts (Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext) to /Library/Extensions using KextBeast.
thank you for your reply. I have fixed the issue since posting.

Hi what was your fix for this? the suggested fix not working for me. I am here because i installed coredisplay patcher (trying to get my native resolution and refresh rate on an ultrawide) .. i already have lilu and intel graphics fixup installed.

HELP PLEASE it is going to take an extremely long time for me to reinstall my os... none of the tools i used initially are available to me now....

Hi what was your fix for this?
The date on the last post was June 12, 2017 so it's probably not a good idea to post for help here. Start a new thread in the appropriate forum. Note that the 1080 has no drivers for Mojave or Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back