Motherboard
GA-Z370N
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi All just got my first system up and running everything working so far.

Having a issue with my fan speeds as im setting them up in the bios using the smart fan 5 utility but then as soon as boot into clover then macos they spin up quit fast around 70% on all of the fans i have connected (3).

my cpu and motherboard temps are quite low around 30c.

Does anyone have a fix or trick to control the fans as?

Thanks for your time

@MJS007, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Hi All just got my first system up and running everything working so far.

Having a issue with my fan speeds as im setting them up in the bios using the smart fan 5 utility but then as soon as boot into clover then macos they spin up quit fast around 70% on all of the fans i have connected (3).

my cpu and motherboard temps are quite low around 30c.

Does anyone have a fix or trick to control the fans as?

Thanks for your time

Hi there.

Yes, this happens quite a lot and can be cured with a BIOS update. Check what version your motherboard is running. If I remember correctly the problem was occurring up to around the F4 revision - after that it had been cured. :thumbup:

You can then use Smart Fan settings to set the temperature curve for when, and at what speed, the fan operates.

:)

Did the bios update and it worked a treat.
thanks for the advice

Hello there !

I have assembled my first build a few days ago and I have encountered the very same problem as described here. The CPU (and others components) are running around 30°C on macOS and the fans are spinning at full speed. I have not observed a similar phenomenon on Windows.

I first thought it was a hardware problem (since all fans - the CPU air cooler included - were connected on the case hub via the CPU fan header on the motherboard) and I rebuilt my ventilation system (the two fans of the CPU cooler are now connected apart on the CPU fan /CPU opt header ; the fans of the case (including a PWM fan) remain on the hub, connected to the CHA FAN 1 header). Obviously the problem remained.

I don't have the same motherboard as the OP' (mine is an Asus ROG Maximus X Hero) and the BIOS was updated before even installing macOS. What can I do to fix this ? Roll back the BIOS and redo the update with macOS installed ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back