Contribute
Register

[Solved] ethernet not working after instaling multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

I tried that and mine still isn't working. I just finished hackintoshing a completely new build I just put together (my first), and my ethernet isn't responding after multibeast, too. I've the Z390 Aorus PRO WIFI, and have inclosed a few helpful pictures. I can't seem to get it working! Any advice would be great. Perhaps I need a kext file tailored to my ethernet device? Extreme novice, here.

Attachments

• JPEG image 2.jpeg
    JPEG image 2.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
  • JPEG image.jpeg
    JPEG image.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 51
Of course it isn't - You have different hardware.

You mean it's a realteck file and I have an intel ethernet device? I suppose you're right! I'm very, very new to all of this! Do you know of a kext for my particular ethernet device I could install in the same way with kextbeast? Or is there one in Multibeast?

Wow! The last of the three files you suggested actually worked after I installed the pkg and restarted!
This new system I just managed to get going was all from your installation guide; really appreciate all the work you put into this!

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.
It worked!! Thank you P1LGRIM, you're a genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back