Contribute
Register

[Solved] ethernet not working after instaling multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, please slow with me and sorry my english, im amateur, i buy a hackintosh all install, i do anything, the problem is this.
my hackintosh first had a motherboard X79-UP5 that had 2 ethernet or 2 LAN,
then for some external problem the motherboard change to X79-UP4 that had 1 LAN, but the drivers
were still those of UP5.
so the problem is that i turn on the hackingtosh, i havent INTERNET, in network doesnt appeare to be connect anything but here in network have 2 ethernet in RED ( from motherboard UP5), when i reset the hack, appeare a 3rd ethernet (from motherboard UP4) and connect to internet.
So, i think that maybe unistall the 1st drivers LAN from the 1st mother UP5, and reinstall the UP4 kexts with multibeast.
i have maverick 10.9.3.
the 1st i do was reinstall the drivers but the problem was still there. not ethernet connect, not internet.
so i think erase manually the drivers and then reinstall with multibeast.

you said remove all networking kexts that aren't vanilla... That includes those in /S/L/E and /S/L/E/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.????

i dont know how to do it, or where is this files. please step by step please tell me what files must to deleted????

thanks.

Maybe you should just do a fresh install. Having extra Ethernet drivers will not hurt anything (they simply won't be used if you don't have the hardware). But to have Ethernet working, you must, of course, install drivers that are written for the hardware you do have.

For a novice in hackintosh, an X79-based board was probably not the best choice.

Maybe you should just do a fresh install. Having extra Ethernet drivers will not hurt anything (they simply won't be used if you don't have the hardware). But to have Ethernet working, you must, of course, install drivers that are written for the hardware you do have.

For a novice in hackintosh, an X79-based board was probably not the best choice.

the information about motherboard X79-UP4 said this.
LAN
  1. Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)

So, in the multibeast last version, i install Intel drivers 1000e the last one., but then nothing happend.
So i think that maybe erase, delete all the networks files solve this?, can you tell me, what files must be deleted? there was any sollution for this problem?
thanks.

the information about motherboard X79-UP4 said this.
LAN
  1. Intel GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)

So, in the multibeast last version, i install Intel drivers 1000e the last one., but then nothing happend.
So i think that maybe erase, delete all the networks files solve this?, can you tell me, what files must be deleted? there was any sollution for this problem?
thanks.

Use DPCIManager->PCI List to get the vendor/device-id.

Im downloading DPCIManager, then what?, im amateur, please tell me step by step, thanksss!!! really thanks!!!!
with this app tell me the exactly kext from my ethernet that i must install from multibeast?

and then if i want to delete all the other files that maybe cause the problem, what files must be deleted?

thanksss!!!

Use DPCIManager->PCI List to get the vendor/device-id.

Remove VoodooHDA.kext from /S/L/E:
Code:
# in Terminal
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

That's because you were booting using the Unibeast USB which has various ethernet drivers in /Extra/Extensions. But when you boot directly from your HDD, you have only the drivers you installed via Multibeast (and all the stock OS X drivers, of course). So, you must install ethernet drivers from Multibeast which depends on exactly what hardware you have for ethernet on your motherboard (Atheros?).

Hei Guys,

that's exactly that problem that I have! After installing multibeast my Ethernet don't work anymore.. At this point I don't know what to do?

I installed high Sirra in Uni Beast. Bootet directly without any problems (network/sound/bluetooth works fine), installed Multibeast and GPU drivers. After Rebooting GPU also works fine but the Ethernet sucks. Actually i have no idea what to do at this point? :D

By the way my specs:

I7 2600k
Msi z77 G41
Gtx 1080 ti
16 Gb ddr3
1000GB HDD (for the Hackintosh HD)
260 GB SSD (for the moment Windows install)
CSL Bluetooth Dongle
Onboard Ethernet

Hope you can help me!

PS: This is my first Hackintosh :D

After installing multibeast my Ethernet don't work anymore..

Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • NetworkInterfaces.plist
  • preferences.plist

Download this kext and put it on your desktop.
Download and run KextBeast selecting /Library/Extensions as the location.

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

Last edited:
Remove any previous failed attempts from /Library/Extensions and /System/Library/Extensions.

Open Finder and browse to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ then delete these two files :
  • preferences.plist

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has compl

Thank you so much!!! It worked :)

• preferences.plist

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /
Press return, type your password (it will not show on screen), press return again and when the command has completed, restart.

Thank you very much it worked for me toooooooo

• preferences.plist

In Terminal :
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Thanks bud, this got my ethernet working :)

Hey, I've done the same thing but still don't fully understand the Terminal thing?

thanks... also since doing this my external hard drive doesn't appear on the desk top any more and only in the sidebar of the Finder.

What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back