Contribute
Register

[solved] Ethernet for AppStore on GA-B250M-DS3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha! Check this out:

"
The system extension “/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8111.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.
"

Message popped up when I ran kext installer. Interesting.

There is RealtekRTL8111.kext in Multibeast, but I don't know if it is the latest version.
The latest version is linked from the laptop FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

You could try the Multibeast version, and if it doesn't work try the latest build from Mieze (the author of the kext).

Aha! Check this out:

"
The system extension “/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8111.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.
"

See Post #10 of this thread.

Aha! Check this out:

"
"

It means you used incorrect methods to install the kext.
Kexts cannot be installed with Finder.
Delete the kext and install it correctly (use a kext installer or "sudo cp -R" in Terminal).

Success! Thank you that post was extremely helpful! Some of the procedures in this journey take some practice and careful steps.

I didn't install via finder but it looks like something went wrong along the way while trying to overwrite the kext. basically I must have corrupted it while "shotgunning." As you stated, bad approach.

Ok so I'm unblocked and working. In the future I'll be very care and probably install some of these manually if the baic install doesn't work.

I've learned a lot from this and I thank you.

It means you used incorrect methods to install the kext.
Kexts cannot be installed with Finder.
Delete the kext and install it correctly (use a kext installer or "sudo cp -R" in Terminal).

Success! Thank you that post was extremely helpful! Some of the procedures in this journey take some practice and careful steps.

I didn't install via finder but it looks like something went wrong along the way while trying to overwrite the kext. basically I must have corrupted it while "shotgunning." As you stated, bad approach.

Ok so I'm unblocked and working. In the future I'll be very care and probably install some of these manually if the baic install doesn't work.

I've learned a lot from this and I thank you.

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back