i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I attempted to try the update guide of High Sierra today. After first rebooting, the installation cannot be accessed at all with a forbidden icon, and I can't even boot from my original 10.12.6 anymore as it shows a kernal panic.

I can boot in Windows 10 from the other hard drive and access the macOS disk after installing MacDrive. Could anyone help me? So sad that my installation USB drive cannot work now...

20171010_223548[1].jpg

Motherboard: GA-EP43-DS3R-DS3
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770
macOS: Sierra (10.12.6)

I have tried to remove the installation folder and reverted Clover back to 37xx but the results remain the same.

I attempted to try the update guide of High Sierra today. After first rebooting, the installation cannot be accessed at all with a forbidden icon, and I can't even boot from my original 10.12.6 anymore as it shows a kernal panic.

I can boot in Windows 10 from the other hard drive and access the macOS disk after installing MacDrive. Could anyone help me? So sad that my installation USB drive cannot work now...

View attachment 284702

Motherboard: GA-EP43-DS3R-DS3
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6770
macOS: Sierra (10.12.6)

I have tried to remove the installation folder and reverted Clover back to 37xx but the results remain the same.
Why can't your USB installation drive work now?

Why can't your USB installation drive work now?
In -v it keeps showing “Too many corpses being created.” I have two USB sticks and they both show the same result.

Now I am trying to build a new USB installation stick. As the Mac that I can access is macOS 10.9, I could not use the command line method of mas that I can only download El Capitan now. If this works, it will prove that my Sierra installations were corrupted, which worked well last year.

Last edited:
Hi there.

Perhaps you could build a UniBeast USB stick using UniBeast 6 and El Capitan, choosing the Clover boot option, while on that other machine. Then, again on that other machine, upgrade Clover on the UniBeast stick using a recent, HS compatible, version.

Once done you should then be able to boot into the UniBeast installer (i.e External) but instead of going into the Install, use Disk Utility from the Tools menu to check your main drive. (This may not work if you are using an SSD for HS and upgraded to AFS).

If all is okay, you could then try booting again from the UniBeast stick and choosing your HS install drive. If it still crashes there's more work to do...

Worth a try.
Good luck
:)

I have tried many methods including something like that yesterday, but the system remains dead. Eventually, I tried a method that made an installation USB stick on Windows 10, and it unexpedtedly worked. I later used MultiBeast 9.2.1 and updated to macOS 10.12.6, and now it works just like the past.

I should not try High Sierra again until the complete guide is released. Thank you guys for giving me suggestions!
Hi there.

Perhaps you could build a UniBeast USB stick using UniBeast 6 and El Capitan, choosing the Clover boot option, while on that other machine. Then, again on that other machine, upgrade Clover on the UniBeast stick using a recent, HS compatible, version.

Once done you should then be able to boot into the UniBeast installer (i.e External) but instead of going into the Install, use Disk Utility from the Tools menu to check your main drive. (This may not work if you are using an SSD for HS and upgraded to AFS).

If all is okay, you could then try booting again from the UniBeast stick and choosing your HS install drive. If it still crashes there's more work to do...

Worth a try.
Good luck
:)

I have tried many methods including something like that yesterday, but the system remains dead. Eventually, I tried a method that made an installation USB stick on Windows 10, and it unexpedtedly worked. I later used MultiBeast 9.2.1 and updated to macOS 10.12.6, and now it works just like the past.

I should not try High Sierra again until the complete guide is released. Thank you guys for giving me suggestions!
Thats what I did with a build. I updated to High Sierra and couldn't get it to work right. So I tried to go back to Sierra and I tried fresh install. Unfortunately when I updated it turned my SSD to APFS. So as a last resort I formatted my SSD using a Windows 10 installer and changed it to NTF or Master Boot(whichever Windows does when we opt to delete whats on the drive) format and tried the Sierra install again and this worked and got my build working again.

Last edited:
Well this is technically not solved as I just destroyed everything for a fresh reinstallation.

Well this is technically not solved as I just destroyed everything for a fresh reinstallation.
Well, technically for me it did resolve it. Though you are right it did wipe everything clean from my main SSD drive I had an extra drive for storage as well and saved all my data, software, etc. in that drive and that remained intact, so I lost no data. I made sure when I went to High Sierra I unplugged the storage drive 1st then replugged it back after update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back