Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock H97m PRO4
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
8500GT
Hi guys.

I have an ASRock H97m Pro4 motherboard, CPU i5 4690k, with an Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT video card and 16GB of RAM. I was previously running Yosemite 10.10.4 on Chimera. After I decided to upgrade to El Capitan, I switched to Clover.

Initially I had problems with the setup. I would get a grey background with a spinning beach ball :beachball:. This was fixed after I put FakeSMC.kext inside 10.11 folder of Clover.

From there, the setup was flawless. After the post-installation reboot though, I'd get a reboot and could not start the Hackintosh. So I decided to run it with -v flag, and I noticed a Kernel panic:

-----------------------
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87
ACPI: sleep states S3 S4 S5
panic(cpu 3 caller 0xffffff801c3d6a9a)
-----------------------

I tried also using nullcpupowermanagement.kext but it didn't change anything.

I also tried booting in safe mode, or single user mode. None worked.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
El Capitan kernel panic after upgrade

I finally fixed it.

I booted into recovery, and opened terminal.

Then, I wrote this command:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]touch /Volumes/OS\ X/System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -Boot -U /[/COLOR]

(NOTE: I have three partitions: OS X, recovery and Windows 10. Thus I used /Volumes/OS\ X/... to access the OS X partition. The \ before X is used for the space.)

About two or three kexts were listed as having an invalid signature. So I deleted these kexts, and reran the command. The kernel cache was rebuilt, and I was able to run El Capitan flawlessly!

Yay!!! :headbang:

This helped, with a small change... The path provided to kextcache needs to be the path to the boot volume, not just /.

after some digging I found that Ev0reboot.kext was the culprit. I haven't checked for an updated version for El Capitan yet though.

I had the same problem, for the same reason (previous Chimera user) and your solution fixed it. I was beginning to despair. Thanks!

I know this thread is old, but THANK YOU!!!

It turned out to be my ev0reboot.kext as well.

It says in http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...l-capitan-install-problems.html#CategoryPanic that:

If it's a panic just after ACPI: sleep states S3 S4 S5, that's come up a few times, but no clear solution yet.

This is exactly the panic I had, and in my case, this fixed it. I had ignored the advice to delete ev0reboot.kext, because I had not seen it in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11. I hadn't realized it was there in /System/Library/Extensions/ all along. THANK YOU!!!

Hi,
i cannot find evoreboot in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 and /System/Library/Extensions/
I always get reboot loop. Could you help me? I see cpu panic s3 s4 s5 when boot in verbose from clover.

El Capitan kernel panic after upgrade

I finally fixed it.

I booted into recovery, and opened terminal.

Then, I wrote this command:

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]touch /Volumes/OS\ X/System/Library/Extensions/ && kextcache -Boot -U /[/COLOR]

(NOTE: I have three partitions: OS X, recovery and Windows 10. Thus I used /Volumes/OS\ X/... to access the OS X partition. The \ before X is used for the space.)

About two or three kexts were listed as having an invalid signature. So I deleted these kexts, and reran the command. The kernel cache was rebuilt, and I was able to run El Capitan flawlessly!

Yay!!! :headbang:

Dear sir,

I have been a passive member since 2011 and i have never bothered to post a thing.
I want to kiss you on the mouth right now...

That did the trick for me too!
MEGA THANK YOU !

Hi,

My motherboard was an Intel DH67BL/4GB_RAM/500GB_HD

To fix this issue, which it happned after update to el capitan from yosemite, I tried a mix of all your ideas, after enter on recovery mode.

As richdooz said, the right command is like he said.

But, before that as fortzs said the EvOreboot.kext, was causing my troubles. So I have to deleted.

After that el capitan could run.

Thank your for your guide.!!

Hi,

My motherboard was an Intel DH67BL/4GB_RAM/500GB_HD

To fix this issue, which it happned after update to el capitan from yosemite, I tried a mix of all your ideas, after enter on recovery mode.

As richdooz said, the right command is like he said.

But, before that as fortzs said the EvOreboot.kext, was causing my troubles. So I have to deleted.

After that el capitan could run.

Thank your for your guide.!!

Take a look at this guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-dh67xx-with-hd3000-using-clover-uefi-hotpatch.190228/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back