Contribute
Register

[solved] DVMT patching for a skylake system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can´t send some problem reporting files, because I can´t boot up my system normally and with USB Stick. When I turn on the notebook the apple logo appears, the bar appears, but nothing happen.
The only thing that I can provide is the picture I sent.

I can´t send some problem reporting files, because I can´t boot up my system normally and with USB Stick. When I turn on the notebook the apple logo appears, the bar appears, but nothing happen.
I remember I once done it with Windows after I couldn't boot to macOS at all. Linux might be a good option too.
Just mount your EFI partition, copy CLOVER, delete 'themes' and create a zip as always.
Google is your friend, use it to find out how to mount your EFI with Windows/Linux.

"Problem Reporting" addresses the scenario where you can't boot.
Read it carefully.

I solved my problem. I mounted my EFI partition on Windows 10 and I checked my Clover folder. In ACPI/patched are still the native ACPI files, that was the reason why machine didn´t start.:lol:
I deleted the files, uncheck "Drop all OEM SSDTs" and then my machine start normally.:headbang:
Now I continue with the repatch of all native ACPI files and set the DVMT to 64 MB or larger.

When I´m in UEFI shell and find out what my DVMT setting is now, should I just type in "Reboot" to reboot the notebook?

When I´m in UEFI shell and find out what my DVMT setting is now, should I just type in "Reboot" to reboot the notebook?

Ctrl+Alt+Del.
Or power button.

So after some time after the BIOS update my notebook running mac OS 10.12.2 like before.
Yesterday, my USB 2.0 arrived ( I only have 3.0 drives at home:lol:).
I created a USB stick with EFI-Shell and run it.
IMAG0017.jpg

My question is to what size I should set the DVMT?
I will be glad when someone can help me:)

So after some time after the BIOS update my notebook running mac OS 10.12.2 like before.
Yesterday, my USB 2.0 arrived ( I only have 3.0 drives at home:lol:).
I created a USB stick with EFI-Shell and run it. View attachment 238971
My question is to what size I should set the DVMT?
I will be glad when someone can help me:)

Attach IFR extract from BIOS.

Here is the IFR extract as text file.

Attachments

• variable extract.txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 648
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back