Contribute
Register

[solved] DVMT patching for a skylake system

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I also should put the SSDT-IGPU.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched?

It is one way to inject "hda-gfx" on IGPU.
You could also patch your DSDT or use config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary.
Or you could create an SSDT that only injects that single property (and continue using config.plist/Graphics/Inject for the other IGPU properties).
It all depends on how you want to deal with it.

It is one way to inject "hda-gfx" on IGPU.
You could also patch your DSDT or use config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary.
Or you could create an SSDT that only injects that single property (and continue using config.plist/Graphics/Inject for the other IGPU properties).
It all depends on how you want to deal with it.
So now after some months I get HDMI video and audio well working:thumbup:.

I will mark the thread as solved.

Thank you @RehabMan and @Drfrag for the help and advices to solve my problem.
Now I also understand how I can extract the data to patch the framebuffer from the kext binary, so in the future I don´t need help for this.
I also implement my SSDT-Disable-DGPU.aml in EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched again and it works, it also hasn´t no conflicts with the HDMI patches or sleep.

The only thing I need to do is to patch the battery status correctly, because I have some 16-bit large fields and some fields that are 128-bit...
but this is an off-topic and I will post my questions under the battery status patching guide and not here:).

There are instructions for Grub Shell, which might become handy for you. This comes with mod setup_var_3

Instructions are for CFG Lock setting, but can be used for any other settings too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back