Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
Radeon RX570
Mac
  1. iMac
I am having trouble getting my DisplayPort connection to work with my monitor. The DVI output works, but I'm trying to connect a second monitor via the DisplayPort connector.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P. It has a built-in DisplayPort connector.
The graphics are Intel HD4000, integrated into the CPU (Intel i5-3570K).

Has anybody had success with DisplayPort with Intel integrated graphics?

@lilaundgelb ,

Can you update your profile to include your mobo model number (GA-B75M-D3P), CPU (i5-3570K) and Intel graphics. TIA :thumbdown

Your board supports up to 2560 x 1600 resolution through the DP connector. Can you check the monitor menu to confirm that the DP connection is active - sometimes they are disabled in the menu from the factory.

Where is the monitor menu? (Sorry for my ignorance.) I checked the displays preference pane and the System Information->Graphics/Displays, but it doesn't show the DP-connected monitor.

You should look at your monitor menu - bottons on side/front/bottom of monitor - check the monitor manual if you don not see anything obvious.

You should look at your monitor menu - bottons on side/front/bottom of monitor - check the monitor manual if you don not see anything obvious.

Aha! I can select DP on the monitor, but when I do it says "There is no signal coming from your computer...." (FWIW, it's a Dell U2312HM)

Check the UEFI/BIOS in case there is any way of enabling the DP port on the motherboard, also have you tried booting with only the Dell U2312 monitor?

Check the UEFI/BIOS in case there is any way of enabling the DP port on the motherboard, also have you tried booting with only the Dell U2312 monitor?

That got it working! I shut down, unplugged everything, plugged in just the DP and rebooted. Thanks!

There is a new board GA-Z270M-D3P that has dual DisplayPort that support 4k@60hz! Unfortunately it only has a single M.2 slot though compared to the other 270 boards. Wonder why it isn't on the Buyers Guide...

There is a new board GA-Z270M-D3P that has dual DisplayPort that support 4k@60hz! Unfortunately it only has a single M.2 slot though compared to the other 270 boards. Wonder why it isn't on the Buyers Guide...

Why are you posting this in a thread that has been dead for 8 months? The buyers guide doesn't have everything, it is a guide based on what has been tested and found to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back