CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, last night while I was working on my hackintosh, all of a sudden it restarted by receiving the message of no signal on the monitor. I tried to make rest but nothing changed. I unplugged the graphics card and connected the monitor to the integrated card but nothing changed. I changed hd by putting a new one but the computer does not show signs of life. It turns on but it does not do anything else. Help me

Hi guys, last night while I was working on my hackintosh, all of a sudden it restarted by receiving the message of no signal on the monitor. I tried to make rest but nothing changed. I unplugged the graphics card and connected the monitor to the integrated card but nothing changed. I changed hd by putting a new one but the computer does not show signs of life. It turns on but it does not do anything else. Help me
Hi Flavio,
Try remove 1 ram bank, if nothing change try the other one

Already done and nothing has changed. I noticed that the VGA LED lights up. I removed the graphics card but it always stays on. I attach image

Attachments

• IMG_5796.JPG
    IMG_5796.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
Already done and nothing has changed. I noticed that the VGA LED lights up. I removed the graphics card but it always stays on. I attach image
Ok two questions, igpu was disabled in bios when you take off the nvidia?
If yes you have to put back the card and activate igpu on bios, then take off the card again and connect to igpu.
If was already on, which connector you use on igpu? Vga not works in mac os only hdmi or dvi

I thought the same thing, but I can not access the bios because I do not see anything on the monitor. in no way

in the end I replaced the motherboard and processor and I made a hardware upgrade

in the end I replaced the motherboard and processor and I made a hardware upgrade
What did you do with the previous motherboard(Gigabyte Z370 Aorus ultra Gaming and processor(Intel Core i7 8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 GHz)?
Did you RMA them or kept them?
Sudden failure of CPU and Motherboard without a severe Power Surge or Electrical shorting or severe overheating is a distinctly rare occurrence.
Usually a series of strange errors and random reboots precede Motherboard failure.
In a new motherboard like Intel 300 series and CPU like i7 8000 series with only a few months normal use, without any obvious preceding Power Surge like lightning strike or overheat or short circuit related a catastrophic event, hardware failure is very uncommon. A more likely but often overlooked cause is a failed hard disk for creating the Symptom of " No signal"on Display monitor and "inability to access BIOS Setup".

What did you do with the previous motherboard(Gigabyte Z370 Aorus ultra Gaming and processor(Intel Core i7 8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 GHz)?
Did you RMA them or kept them?
Sudden failure of CPU and Motherboard without a severe Power Surge or Electrical shorting or severe overheating is a distinctly rare occurrence.
Usually a series of strange errors and random reboots precede Motherboard failure.
In a new motherboard like Intel 300 series and CPU like i7 8000 series with only a few months normal use, without any obvious preceding Power Surge like lightning strike or overheat or short circuit related a catastrophic event, hardware failure is very uncommon. A more likely but often overlooked cause is a failed hard disk for creating the Symptom of " No signal"on Display monitor and "inability to access BIOS Setup".
Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming and Intel Core i7 processor 8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 GHz are the new components installed. The problem was on my previous Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming motherboard that I returned with the i7 7700K processor

Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming and Intel Core i7 processor 8700K Coffee Lake 3.7 GHz are the new components installed. The problem was on my previous Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming motherboard that I returned with the i7 7700K processor
Thank you for your response correcting me on my assumption based on the Hardware shown in your profile.
Did you use the same Hard disk for the new installation?

Thank you for your response correcting me on my assumption based on the Hardware shown in your profile.
Did you use the same Hard disk for the new installation?

yes, I also managed to start the system that was already there. Then I still formatted everything and reinstalled from the beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back