Contribute
Register

[solved] Dell XPS 15 9560 - Audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are now injecting layout-id=0x48 (72).
But your kextcache shows no patched AppleHDA components installed.

In fact...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Alright, I installed all of the kexts in /L/E, left the more important ones in /kexts/other and set clover to inject kexts= detect.

I am confused on the part about the patched AppleHDA components. Are you referring just to the kexts? Or more? Because when I was on 10.13 previously and 10.14 I didn't run any HDA patching scripts or the like and my audio worked.

I also generated new PRFs. Nothing has changed so far. I guess I just don't understand how this was working literally 3 weeks ago and suddenly it stopped.

I appreciate all of your help RehabMan, thank you.

Attachments

• debug_14839.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 73
Alright, I installed all of the kexts in /L/E, left the more important ones in /kexts/other and set clover to inject kexts= detect.

I am confused on the part about the patched AppleHDA components. Are you referring just to the kexts? Or more? Because when I was on 10.13 previously and 10.14 I didn't run any HDA patching scripts or the like and my audio worked.

I also generated new PRFs. Nothing has changed so far. I guess I just don't understand how this was working literally 3 weeks ago and suddenly it stopped.

Quick question, what does your About My Mac say about your CPU info and GHz? I'm having issues with mine and we have similar EFI's.

Quick question, what does your About My Mac say about your CPU info and GHz? I'm having issues with mine and we have similar EFI's.

"Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB"

Did you install latest AppleALC.kext + latest Lilu.kext?
There are updates to AppleALC for Mojave.

Did you install latest AppleALC.kext + latest Lilu.kext?
There are updates to AppleALC for Mojave.

Yes, I am on the latest releases for both kexts. 1.2.6 for Lilu and 1.3.1 for AppleALC.

Yes, I am on the latest releases for both kexts. 1.2.6 for Lilu and 1.3.1 for AppleALC.

Perhaps you should try patched AppleHDA instead of patched via AppleALC.

Perhaps you should try patched AppleHDA instead of patched via AppleALC.

How would you recommend I go about doing that? I tried using the CloverALC script on Github (Which I have used in the past on a different machine) but it said it won't run on Mojave yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back