i5 7300HQ
Graphics
GTX 1050, Intel HD630, 1080p
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I am running the latest public beta of MacOS Mojave on my Dell XPS 15 9560. About a month ago everything was working perfectly. My issues came up after I updated clover and my kexts. Suddenly, the three things in my title have broken. I tried downgrading my kexts to no avail. I have searched to forums repeatedly the past couple weeks and have found no fixes (although to be fair, I have mainly been searching almost solely for audio fixes). The ID layout I was using previously for audio was 72 and should still be the same. Does anyone have any insight on what could be breaking these things for me? All three used to work perfectly.

Just to give an idea of what happens for all three:
- Audio just straight up doesn't work. No audio devices detected.
- HDMI causes my laptop to crash when hotplugging. When plugged in and then booted, I don't crash but no output is given
- I use my thunderbolt 3 port to display onto a monitor and I get no output from it when plugged in. No crashes when hotplugged though.

The correct problem reporting files should be attached below. The kextcache output is at the bottom of the Terminal Output file.

Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you

EDIT: I have fixed my video issues: I realized that WhateverGreen.kext didn't work on Mojave without the -wegbeta bootflag. My thunderbolt and HDMI issues have now been fixed! Audio is still not functioning though.

EDIT 2: Audio has now been fixed! The latest commit to Lilu on Github has fixed my issue. If anyone else is having a similar issue I attached the kext below. Note: this is not a release version and could have bugs. If you're reading this, the changes should be included in version 1.2.8 or later, which at the time of writing has yet to be released.

Attachments

• Lilu.kext.zip
    56 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I am running the latest public beta of MacOS Mojave on my Dell XPS 15 9560. About a month ago everything was working perfectly. My issues came up after I updated clover and my kexts. Suddenly, the three things in my title have broken. I tried downgrading my kexts to no avail. I have searched to forums repeatedly the past couple weeks and have found no fixes (although to be fair, I have mainly been searching almost solely for audio fixes). The ID layout I was using previously for audio was 72 and should still be the same. Does anyone have any insight on what could be breaking these things for me? All three used to work perfectly.

Just to give an idea of what happens for all three:
- Audio just straight up doesn't work. No audio devices detected.
- HDMI causes my laptop to crash when hotplugging. When plugged in and then booted, I don't crash but no output is given
- I use my thunderbolt 3 port to display onto a monitor and I get no output from it when plugged in. No crashes when hotplugged though.

The correct problem reporting files should be attached below. The kextcache output is at the bottom of the Terminal Output file.

Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you

EDIT: I have fixed my video issues: I realized that WhateverGreen.kext didn't work on Mojave without the -wegbeta bootflag. My thunderbolt and HDMI issues have now been fixed! Audio is still not functioning though.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Note: layout-id 28 is probably not supported. Must use supported layout-id (look at /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/layout*)

Sorry for the delayed response, this should have all of the files.

I wasn't using id-28, I was using id-72 which is what has worked for me in the past on this system.

Attachments

• debug_3564.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 133
Sorry for the delayed response, this should have all of the files.

I wasn't using id-28, I was using id-72 which is what has worked for me in the past on this system.

ioreg missing from these files. Please make sure your ZIP includes ioreg, as requested.

The ioreg in post #1 clearly shows layout-id=28.

Sorry, I guess the script didn't capture it like I thought. Here is the bundle with a new ioreg file.

I saw in the previous log where it says 28. I am confused because in Clover I have layout-id=72, as you can see in my config file. I'm sorry for the confusion.

What would cause the layout to not inject properly? Or am I missing something all together?

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• PRFs.zip
    11.2 MB · Views: 118
Sorry, I guess the script didn't capture it like I thought. Here is the bundle with a new ioreg file.

I saw in the previous log where it says 28. I am confused because in Clover I have layout-id=72, as you can see in my config file. I'm sorry for the confusion.

What would cause the layout to not inject properly? Or am I missing something all together?

Thank you for your help.

SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-Config.aml are injecting layout-id=28 (AUDL is set to 0x1c, which is 28).
ACPI injections override Clover config.plist injections.

SSDT-HDEF and SSDT-Config.aml are injecting layout-id=28 (AUDL is set to 0x1c, which is 28).
ACPI injections override Clover config.plist injections.

Alright, so I opened up SSDT-Config.aml and set the 0x1C to 0x48 (which should be 72, correct me if I am wrong).

For SSDT-HDEF.aml I am confused as to where I need to change anything. I don't see 0x1C anywhere. I see references to AUDL, but I don't see any assignments (is it calling from an external source?).

I see "
Code:
"layout-id",
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                     0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                        
                },
but I don't know where I should input the 0x48 id, or if I should mess with that part at all.

Since I couldn't figure out the SSDT-HDEF stuff I just tried it with the SSDT-Config change and the audio did not get fixed. I don't know what I expected haha.

Alright, so I opened up SSDT-Config.aml and set the 0x1C to 0x48 (which should be 72, correct me if I am wrong).

For SSDT-HDEF.aml I am confused as to where I need to change anything. I don't see 0x1C anywhere. I see references to AUDL, but I don't see any assignments (is it calling from an external source?).

I see "
Code:
"layout-id",
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                     0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                       
                },
but I don't know where I should input the 0x48 id, or if I should mess with that part at all.

If you read the code in SSDT-HDEF.aml carefully, you will find it uses the value from RFMC.AUDL.
You will need to understand ACPI code if you expect to understand how that works...

Since I couldn't figure out the SSDT-HDEF stuff I just tried it with the SSDT-Config change and the audio did not get fixed. I don't know what I expected haha.

And yet you failed to attach any PR files... (again).

If you read the code in SSDT-HDEF.aml carefully, you will find it uses the value from RFMC.AUDL.
You will need to understand ACPI code if you expect to understand how that works...

And yet you failed to attach any PR files... (again).
Sorry, I thought this was something that didn't require new PRFs but I have attached them.

I now see the RFMC in the SSDT-Config file. I don't know how I missed it.

Attachments

• debug_17332.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 90
Sorry, I thought this was something that didn't require new PRFs but I have attached them.

I now see the RFMC in the SSDT-Config file. I don't know how I missed it.

You are now injecting layout-id=0x48 (72).
But your kextcache shows no patched AppleHDA components installed.

In fact...
Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back