Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 740 4GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am upgrading to El Capitan and everything was fine until I decided to not pay attention and deleted the Boot folder from EFI on accident. As of now I receive this message, "reboot and select proper boot device"
How can I fix this and restore my Boot Folder in EFI.
Any direction of help is appreciated.

SOLVED

I used another mac, made a usb of Clover, used it to boot into my old system and simply copied the BOOT folder from Clover USB to EFI partition on Hackintosh.

Last edited:
Deleted Boot folder in EFI on accident and now stuck

can't image why you deleted it but boot from your install usb and reinstall clover, or copy the boot folder from your installer to your boot drive.

Deleted Boot folder in EFI on accident and now stuck

I was trying to breeze through the update while I had a conference call on my other computer, safe to say, I didn't save any time. How exactly can i copy the boot folder from the installer to the boot drive without being able to boot. I know there has to be some sudo commands I can use to fix this

I was trying to breeze through the update while I had a conference call on my other computer, safe to say, I didn't save any time. How exactly can i copy the boot folder from the installer to the boot drive without being able to boot. I know there has to be some sudo commands I can use to fix this

Since you created the USB boot drive and can boot to desktop, use the same Clover install package you used before to install Clover. If you used the post install package in the guide that should be all you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back