I7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Posted first in wrong thread so reposting as a new thread:

Hi all--have been part of the community since 2012 and have always been able to figure things out on my own by reading through the forums. That streak has come to an end now as I can't even boot. I used another Mac to mount the EFI to check the settings, and everything seems fine. BIOS settings are all still the same. Please help.

Recent updates:
  • Updated to 10.14: no problem
  • Updated to 10.14.1: no problem
System as been working just fine for a while running Clover v2.4k r4741, but now out of the blue I can't boot and I can't figure out why.

Attached is my EFI/Clover folder as well a screenshot of the verbose boot screen error. Here's an excerpt:
nx_corruption_detected_int:60: Corruption detected by obj_init:2000 in container DCF76526 . . .
AppleUSBEHCI::StopUSBBus: USBSTS.HCHalted did not set as expected: USBCMD 0x001 0330 USBSTS 0x0000c00c
AppleUSBHostController::hardwareExceptionThreadCallGated: 0x00000010​

Is my hard drive corrupt? Is there something wrong with the USB? I'm at a lost.

Thank you so much!

I see in your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ folder, you have AptioMemoryFix.efi, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, and OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi. You should only have one of these, not all 3 of them. I suggest trying just AptioMemoryFix.efi first and removing the other two.

PS--I tried just leaving AptioMemoryFix.efi in the folder (and then just OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi) as @pastrychef suggested, but I still get the same errors. I looked in my Clover backup folders and apparently I've had all 3 files for a while. Maybe I shouldn't have all 3 but that has never caused a problem before.

Attachments

• EFI_CLOVER.zip
    9 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_7552.JPG
    IMG_7552.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 936
Boot into the Recovery partition and run Disk Utility First Aid.

Thanks for the suggestion. I hooked it up as an external drive to another Mac and ran First Aid in Disk Utilities. Does this confirm my drive is corrupted? Is my only option to reformat and reinstall?

Checking the fsroot tree.
error: apfs_root: btn: invalid o_oid (0x9876b)
fsroot tree is invalid.

The volume /dev/rdisk3s1 could not be verified completely.
File system check exit code is 0.​

@davesha Hey Davesha, how did you solve the APFS corruption issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back