6. Plus
  7. Power Mac
  8. PowerBook
  9. Quadra
  10. Workgroup Server
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am currently following the procedure to Upgrade from OSX 10.11.6 to 10.12.3
Following the procedures outlined in the 'Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover' thread I cannot get Clover to update to the latest version.
current version of Clover is v2.3k r3423
I am using Clover_v2.4k_r4035 installer downloaded from the sourceforge link in the guide. I launch the .pkg file from the Mac OSX desktop and run the installer with the default options and it reports success but no files are changed and the Clover_Install_Log.txt file remains the same.
The default options selected are
Don't install any bootloader (boot0X, boot1X).

CloverEFI 64-bits using SATA to access drives

I have 3 internal disks, each with an EFI partition. The Clover files are on disk1. When the update is run it reports success but no files are changed and the Clover_Install_Log.txt file is unchanged.
I have tried changing the install destination to different partitions but with no effect. No files appear on the other EFI partitions.

I would appreciate any help. I have searched the forums and found one thread from 2015 https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-clover-failing-to-update.157667/
which helped me a little but didn't solve anything.

thanks

UPDATE

further research has thrown up an anomaly. Multibeast 8.2.3 installs Clover v2.3k r3423 and Multibeast 9 installs v2.3k r3766 post installation. Not sure what Clover v2.4k r4035 is for.

My conclusion is that I am OK to do a Direct Update and use Multibeast 9 post update, to update Clover.

Is this correct?

Last edited:
Interesting that I am having the same problem. Tried to only have one EFI mounted, tried disconnecting other disks, tried direct update of clover program and via clover configurator, all failed. Not sure what the new updated clover 4035 does beyond my current of 3974

Hope somebody else posts on this thread with help

Sorry for not being too specific: I tried since over a week to do such things, everything failed...

If your boot loader works there is no need to update it.

You may upgrade Clover by using the CloverConfigurator app :

Clover.png

Last edited:
If your boot loader works there is no need to update it.

You may upgrade Clover by using the CloverConfigurator app :

View attachment 243800
I did use the standalone app for updating clover and cloverconfigurator. Still did not update. Only mounted SSD drive with boot refi partition. Rebooted computer each time but clover was not updated. Computer works fine, so as you stated I don't know that I need this version.

Thanks

Just a thought on this problem ...

Make sure you have ticked the "Install to ESP" box at the top of the Clover install prefs, otherwise it puts it on the root of your main drive, rather than in the EFI volume.

:)

Just a thought on this problem ...

Make sure you have ticked the "Install to ESP" box at the top of the Clover install prefs, otherwise it puts it on the root of your main drive, rather than in the EFI volume.

:)
Thanks very much this did the trick. Now running Sierra with no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back