Contribute
Register

[solved] Clover doesn't show High Sierra installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I'm trying to install High Sierra on my laptop however when I booted into my USB drive, it did not show the installer. The only thing it showed is my Windows install currently on my drive. I have tried with both the MBR method and the GPT method and in both of the methods, the installer does not show up. I have attached my EFI folder on my USB drive below. I have also attached a picture of the boot menu.

Make sure your installer app is the full installer (5GB +).

Make sure your installer app is the full installer (5GB +).
How do I get the full installer? Everything I tried would always get some small 19MB file from the app store.

How do I get the full installer? Everything I tried would always get some small 19MB file from the app store.

Delete all copies.
Even from random folders, the trash, and connected external disks.
Make sure your system is up-to-date (10.12.6 with all security updates).
Then try re-downloading.

Delete all copies.
Even from random folders, the trash, and connected external disks.
Make sure your system is up-to-date (10.12.6 with all security updates).
Then try re-downloading.
That worked! I’m now finally in the installer. Thanks!

That worked! I’m now finally in the installer. Thanks!

Hey!
I know it's been a while but I'm trying to install the latest OS on my i5 7200 Mi Air 13 (2017) laptop and I'm facing the same issue.
You say your installer showed up after Rehabman's advise of updating the system and clearing up all the other installers.
Got it.
But, how do I re-download the 5GB installer if I have the up-to-date OS already installed? It won't show up on AppStore.
Please help! Thanks!:)

Hey!
I know it's been a while but I'm trying to install the latest OS on my i5 7200 Mi Air 13 (2017) laptop and I'm facing the same issue.
You say your installer showed up after Rehabman's advise of updating the system and clearing up all the other installers.
Got it.
But, how do I re-download the 5GB installer if I have the up-to-date OS already installed? It won't show up on AppStore.
Please help! Thanks!:)

Make sure you delete all copies of the installer that may be on your system.

Make sure you delete all copies of the installer that may be on your system.
Thanks man!
I have installed the OS and all seems good except following don't work:
1- keyboard
2- trackpad
3- bluetooth
4- wifi (I know the wifi won't work unless I change the hardware, but can I change the hardware? For now I've gotten myself a USB dongle which works just fine.)

I tried looking around the forums but couldn't get any kexts for my keyboard and trackpad. Can you please help?
Cheers!

Thanks man!
I have installed the OS and all seems good except following don't work:
1- keyboard
2- trackpad
3- bluetooth
4- wifi (I know the wifi won't work unless I change the hardware, but can I change the hardware? For now I've gotten myself a USB dongle which works just fine.)

I tried looking around the forums but couldn't get any kexts for my keyboard and trackpad. Can you please help?
Cheers!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

hi there i have the same roubole...how did you fixed it?? please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back