Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]Clevo N850HK1 ACPI patches (see #14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This ACPI configuration is wrong (lacking SortedOrder or AutoMerge=true, dynamic SSDTs should not be in ACPI/patched, and why do you have duplicate SSDT-1.aml/SSDT-1x.aml and SSDT-2.aml/SSDT-2x.aml, etc?).
See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.232984/

The duplicates surprised me as well; while the numbers seem to be duplicate but with an x, the file sizes are different, and they can be disassembled together without errors. Furthermore, looking at the code, they are actually completely different files. I guess my ACPI is just strange. Would these shenanigans be an issue?

The duplicates surprised me as well; while the numbers seem to be duplicate but with an x, the file sizes are different, and they can be disassembled together without errors. Furthermore, looking at the code, they are actually completely different files. I guess my ACPI is just strange. Would these shenanigans be an issue?

You need to use only the non-dynamic SSDT files from ACPI/origin.
Read guide:

Nothing strange about your ACPI. You just did it wrong.

You need to use only the non-dynamic SSDT files from ACPI/origin.
Read guide:

Nothing strange about your ACPI. You just did it wrong.

Never have I been so glad to hear I was wrong. I followed those new instructions and it actually worked.

You have been a great help; I couldn't have done this without you. While your guides can be a bit hard to read, your instructions do lead to great results, and your personal assistance has been of great help. Do you by any chance happen to take donations?

Anyway, Here's the changes I made for reference

[Clevo N850HK1 ACPI patches]

If you came here by google and want try an easier way: I attached my EFI/CLOVER folder. You can copy my ACPI/patched and my config.plist and see if that works for you. Only try this if you have a similar hardware configuration

If not, here's what I did
  • After dissasembling ACPI, remove all files that aren't DSDT.aml or SSDT-<some number>.aml. So DO Remove files matching SSDT-*x.aml.
  • Decompile those files using iasl -da -dl DDST.aml & iasl -da -dl SSDT-*.aml (attempting to do this in one iasl command will result in errors)
  • Use MaciASL to make the following changes (read the guide for more info):
    • Apply Rename IGPU to all files that contain GFX0
    • Apply Rename _DSM to all files that contain XDSM
    • Turn off discrete graphics:
      • Move all code that mentions external resources in SSDT-10 \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF to DSDT \_SB.PCI0._REG
      • Call \_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF() from SSDT-2 \SB.PCI0.PEG0._INI (first import function _OFF as external, then call it by full function name)
      • Fix remove mentions of integers before block ends from SSDT-8 to prevent syntax errors (you'll get what I mean if you try to compile)
  • Then recompile those files using iasl *.dsl and move them to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
  • Config.plist (Use the Example config.plist for HD630 graphics for reference):
    • Set DSDT/SortedOrder to go over all SSDT files in order of number, then SSDT-PLNF.aml, then any other .aml files that might be required for e.g. audio
    • Set SSDT/DropOEM to True
    • Put in SSDT/Fixes/change GFX0 to IGPU (I don't know if this does anything but it doesn't break anything)
  • Reboot and pray

Usefull tip: if the system doesn't boot anymore, you can always boot by inserting the install drive and booting into your local macOS from that Clover.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 123
If you came here by google and want try an easier way: I attached my EFI/CLOVER folder. You can copy my ACPI/patched and my config.plist and see if that works for you. Only try this if you have a similar hardware configuration

Because you have static patched ACPI, only you can use the files in ACPI/patched.
It is simply not valid to use patched ACPI from one computer on another.

Please note that your config.plist is corrupt, so I don't even recommend that you use it...

Because you have static patched ACPI, only you can use the files in ACPI/patched.
It is simply not valid to use patched ACPI from one computer on another.

Please note that your config.plist is corrupt, so I don't even recommend that you use it...

What do you mean "My config.plist is corrupt?" It works perfectly fine for me, throwing no errors...

Did I put an incorrect file ending somewhere or something?

What do you mean "My config.plist is corrupt?" It works perfectly fine for me, throwing no errors...

It will not open in Xcode.
Note:
Code:
NUC6i7KYK:~ rehabman$ plutil -lint /Users/rehabman/Downloads/CLOVER/config.plist
/Users/rehabman/Downloads/CLOVER/config.plist: Found non-key inside <dict> at line 56

Never edit your config.plist with a text editor. Always use a plist editor such as Xcode or PlistEdit Pro.

Hi inecrafter, just a question about your Clevo.
Do you use the GTX 1050 Ti card, or the integrated graphic card?
dfrank970

So, Clevo Laptops don't have the possibility to be used with discrete graphics, in hackintosh system...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back