Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Can't install Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Can't install Lion

Sorry Guys for make this too long,
Somebody still have Unibeast flash drive ? could you please post what files (name of the file) that you have inside. The idea is verify if we have the same files; if not then try to make one manually.

Thanks in advance. ;)

My CPU is i3-2310M 2.1 Ghz The only differences is in the model number Probook 4530s XU016UT.this laptop come with only 2 Gb Ram, I changed to 4 Gb from MAC book pro original memory (Samsung).

with -v show the progress of the installation but not stop in any error, just suddenly black screen. I try fn+f3 but still black. I let like that for one hour just in case it take time.

In order to prepare Unibeast I Download Lion for second time, this download is Vr 10.7.2, Not vr. 10.7.0 Do you think this matters ?

susono said:
In order to prepare Unibeast I Download Lion for second time, this download is Vr 10.7.2, Not vr. 10.7.0 Do you think this matters ?
from the install guide:
For simplicity, it is recommended that you use only stand-alone upgrades, one at a time. Note that you need to install Lion 10.7.0 using the base method, and the correct pack, which can be found below. Then you may update. You can try the combo updates, and they should work fine.

As I recall the update on 10.7.2 had a different powermanagement kext preventing us from booting so i'd guess YES this is most likely your problem.

Can you please boot with -s then do the following

/sbin/mount -uw /
rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelgraphicsSNBfb.kext
Halt

Hit enter after typing each.

Turn it on and try to run the installer.

Can someone look and see if that is the correct name of the kext? It's something like tht.

Hi, blueking

Finally I Found a Solution to install Lion, I try to recreate what I did. I will post with more details if needed,but basically:
1) start creating Unibeast same way as this forum. Called Installer
2) From any working MAC, RUN HP Probook Installer and change destination; set Installer as destination.
According to my Software & Hardware I select:
OS X version 10.7.2
Ethernet Kext Installer
Chimera
DSDT 4530s Bios F20
3) Install Lnx2Mac's Realteck RTL81xx Driver, don't forget to change Installer as destination.
4)Shot Down
5)power On, select Installer; type -v
6) Welcome screen show up. Now can select Language,Partition your drive and install
7)When finish, computer restart but you can't log in into lion. you need to create a Extra folder that I made manually from files I download here in this forum.
8) Run again HP Probook Installer from Snow leopard ( I have 2 partitions in my HD-Snow Leopard and Lion) but Not forget change destination to Lion.
9) boot from lion partition with -v
10) Now program ask to connect the keyboard.
I don't Know if all this make sense,but it work.My Geek bench is 4765 32bit.
I still have some problems with wifi and bluetooth but that's normal.

Thank's for All Post and for help me fix this. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back