Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Swift 3 SF314-51
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD 620
Sorry for this simple question, What files need to be into the Unibeast USB Installer ? I have a pro book 4530s XU016UT. with Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installed and working fine. I try to install Lion but when the computer boot from Unibeast a few seconds later get a black screen. I don't know if unibeast was created correctly or I miss something else.

Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Can't install Lion

Hi Susono,

refer to section 3 of the unibeast installation guide,
I had to use PCIRootUID=0 until i ran multibeast, the pointers may help

regards

Dave

Thanks for your replay, I think the problem is in the step 4 : 4. Copy over the latest installer that supports the version of Lion you are installing to the flash drive.
Is this mean just copy and past HP Probook installer into Unibeast flash drive or Run HP pro book Installer and select Unibeast flash drive as destination ?.

Sorry for Ask this noob & basic question.

susono said:
Thanks for your replay, I think the problem is in the step 4 : 4. Copy over the latest installer that supports the version of Lion you are installing to the flash drive.
Is this mean just copy and past HP Probook installer into Unibeast flash drive or Run HP pro book Installer and select Unibeast flash drive as destination ?.

Sorry for Ask this noob & basic question.

yes it means the probook installer. it gets periodically updated including when apple updates are released.

Thanks for replay, I just Run HP Probook Installer and select Unibeast flash drive as destination; now installing is in progress :D . Thanks !!!.

Sorry Guys, needs some help, After finish installing and rebooting as step # 12. After it restarts, you will need to once again hit esc then f9. Then select usb hard drive again. This time, select the partition you just installed Lion on, and hit enter. Make sure you leave the flash drive plugged in.
After that I get the screen " You need to restart your computer.hold down the power bottom..." .
I try -x -v also PCIRootUID=0 but get Still waiting for root device.

Do I miss something Again ?

Thanks in advance.

You need to run the installer after you boot into lion.

hi blueking,
Thanks for replay, The problem is I never boot to Lion. After finish the installation, the computer restart then I choose my Lion partition after that I get the power button message. I don't know if a have all files necessary inside the unibeast flash drive; inside my flash drive I have only:etc,install mac os x lion, tmp and var files. :(

Thanks for your times and for your Great work in this forum.

If you can, I would start over.

Make a new unibeast, and do not install the HP Probook Installer to it, just copy it to it. Then install following the guide.

Then, boot using unibeast, and follow the guide, and install the installer.

Hi blueking,

I did a new Unibeast, copy HP Probook Installer to it. then boot from this flash drive, but I only get the Apple logo with the spinning wheel for few seconds then black screen.
When I run HP Probook installer and select unibeast as destination, then boot from this flash drive I get the installer, select the language, go to disk utility and format my target drive I can see the installation progress bar.
For me, I think Unibeast its not successful create thats why I ask in my first post what files should be inside.
I try differents flash drives and HDD's but same results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back