Contribute
Register

[solved] Can't boot to installer on XPS 15 9570 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your FakeSMC.kext is extremely old.
Oh, wow. I must have accidentally overwritten it somehow while testing out different kexts. I just deleted it and re-extracted 2018-0915 from your Bitbucket repository. I didn't realize how big of a difference in boot time (to the gIOScreenLockState 3 message) an old version made.

I waited another 5 minutes after doing that, but still to no avail. It still hangs on the same line. Should I re-do the problem reporting steps (preboot dump/CLOVER folder archive)?

Oh, wow. I must have accidentally overwritten it somehow while testing out different kexts. I just deleted it and re-extracted 2018-0915 from your Bitbucket repository. I didn't realize how big of a difference in boot time (to the gIOScreenLockState 3 message) an old version made.

I waited another 5 minutes after doing that, but still to no avail. It still hangs on the same line. Should I re-do the problem reporting steps (preboot dump/CLOVER folder archive)?

Try following the guide exactly as written:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Start by filling out your profile as per FAQ.

Try following the guide exactly as written
I already installed macOS, so I'm now just applying the info there to my EFI partition.
  1. I've updated my profile and signature.
  2. I've moved every kext to Other and deleted the 10.x folders.
  3. The guide doesn't mention the UHD630 config; I've left it unmodified.
  4. I've removed FakePCIID and the corresponding Intel graphics kext.
  5. At this point, I'm selecting "Boot with injected kexts".
I've read it over a few times, with the same results as earlier (still hanging on that line), 5 minutes too.

I already installed macOS,

Thread is titled "can't boot to installer", so I assumed you had not installed.
Now is something different?

Now is something different?
Yes, I was able to enter the installer by using an invalid AAPL,ig-platform-id.

But I still can't enter the system with a valid one. Should I create a new thread?

But I still can't enter the system with a valid one. Should I create a new thread?

New thread.
According to the title of this one, this thread is solved.

Hello, is your 4k display driving?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the 4K screen, yes. It does not have acceleration though.
maybe you should apply the DVMT patch? I mean . to add framebuffer-stolenmem in properties. But you must confront the fact that due to your 4K screen, the only perfect solution is to use GRUB boot to unlock your BIOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back