Contribute
Register

[solved] Can't add Custom HiDPI resolution (HD Graphics 620)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your profile is still not fixed.
After you fix it, we'll work on your issue.
But I have also a desktop pc and a currently open support thread on the desktop forum, so it's either one or another, am I wrong? If I modify the profile adding laptop specs, then my desktop pc spec's will be missing. That's the point of the other hardware field I think.

Last edited:
But I have also a desktop pc and a currently open support thread on the desktop forum, so it's either one or another, am I wrong? If I modify the profile adding laptop specs, then my desktop pc spec's will be missong. That's the point of the other hardware field I think.
use signature

use signature
Edited. I'm on my phone right now, I'll update the signature as well as soon as i get home

Edit: Fixed signature also.

Last edited:
But I have also a desktop pc and a currently open support thread on the desktop forum, so it's either one or another, am I wrong? If I modify the profile adding laptop specs, then my desktop pc spec's will be missing. That's the point of the other hardware field I think.
Edited. I'm on my phone right now, I'll update the signature as well as soon as i get home

Edit: Fixed signature also.

As per FAQ, laptop details should be placed in the main profile fields (Motherboard, CPU, Graphics).
Your desktop details can remain in the signature.
"Graphics" is incomplete. Missing screen resolution. Please fix.

As per FAQ, laptop details should be placed in the main profile fields (Motherboard, CPU, Graphics).
Your desktop details can remain in the signature.
"Graphics" is incomplete. Missing screen resolution. Please fix.
Fixed.

So I've tinkered a little bit with the override and I've got 1366x768 which is better, but still far from the ideal 1600x900. In the attachments you can find SysPrefs>Display and RDM screenshots, along with the override file (I had to add the extension to the override again in order to attach it). Here's the terminal commands I've used:

sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionEnabled -bool YES

sudo defaults delete /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver DisplayResolutionDisabled

sudo mkdir /System/Library/Display/Contents/Resources/Overrides/Display/VendorID-9e5

cd Desktop

sudo cp DisplayProductID-6f3 /System/Library/Display/Contents/Resources/Overrides/Display/VendorID-9e5

sudo reboot

Eliminate unnecessary entries from the plist.
Have only the 1600x900 and 3200x1800.

And you should try other ig-platform-id values...

Eliminate unnecessary entries from the plist.
Have only the 1600x900 and 3200x1800.

And you should try other ig-platform-id values...
Which ones specifically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back