Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M-DS3H
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm having troubles trying to update my hackintosh. I'm using OS X since Leopard, and I never had any problem updating through the official Apple updates. The problems started when the security update for Yosemite 10.10.2 was released: for the first time, I was not able to install them, because the update progress bar didn't advance at all (it remained stuck at... zero). The same thing is happening with the new 10.10.3 update. When I try to install it, OS X does log out, the update screen does appear, but the mouse (and so the system) freezes at the start of the updating process. Then I can reboot and normally log in into OS X 10.10.2.
I'm a little worried because I never had such troubles updating through App Store! I hope someone can help me. The system is the one I described under my avatar and in my signature (I'm not able to delete the other one, wrong and incomplete...). Thanks in advance for the help.

What system definition are you using?
Try it with MacPro 3,1 and MacPro4,1 first. If those do not work try early model iMac definitions.

What system definition are you using?
Try it with MacPro 3,1 and MacPro4,1 first. If those do not work try early model iMac definitions.

I've been using MacPro 6,1 without any problem (I upgraded successfully to OS 10.10.1 and 10.10.2). I'm not so sure that choosing an iMac would be a good idea: with MacPro definition, my Core 2 Quad is recognized natively as a Xeon, and it works well. But if you confirm me that it could be useful, I'll give it a try, of course.

Jesahel
could you give me the info on your build listed. I am reading up on one just like it and what is the max OS you can put on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back