Contribute
Register

[solved] Cannot get ALC255 audio to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again, How can I get the default appleHDA.kext for my current system without reinstalling over it? The input for AppleHDA patcher is the original .kext?
Hi, I reinstalled os to get original appleHDA.kext, then moved into resources of applehda patcher and ran the program with the alc255 folder. it said success but I can't find the resulting appleHDA.kext
Where is located the patched kext to install?

Update: Forget it, I found it! sorry for the dumb question. Audio is working now! Thanks a lot

Last edited:
Hi, I reinstalled os to get original appleHDA.kext, then moved into resources of applehda patcher and ran the program with the alc255 folder. it said success but I can't find the resulting appleHDA.kext
Where is located the patched kext to install?

Update: Forget it, I found it! sorry for the dumb question. Audio is working now! Thanks a lot

Marked solved.

Marked solved.

Come on, the original problem with ironmb is not solved yet:

Could be a problem with the AppleHDA you're using...

I have the same problem here; my internal speakers work but my headphone is single-channeled without voice. RehabMan could you please give a brief explanation about patching AppleHDA correctly.. And my IOReg and AppleHDA attached here:

Attachments

• RIKUinspiron.ioreg
    5.9 MB · Views: 85
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
I have the same problem here; my internal speakers work but my headphone is single-channeled without voice. RehabMan could you please give a brief explanation about patching AppleHDA correctly.. And my IOReg and AppleHDA attached here:

Use AppleHDA patcher by Mirone to create patched AppleHDA.
The resources in AppleALC are also a great resource for Platforms/Layout/Pinconfig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back