Contribute
Register

[solved] Cannot get ALC255 audio to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I thought the headphone audio was good to go, but the machine locked up, and upon reboot the headphones still work, not the speakers, and the headphone audio is back to being garbled.

Another kernel panic. Now I can't boot without getting a kernel panic. Going to use single user mode and remove codeccommander and the AppleHDA I just installed to see if that allows me to boot.

OK, after getting the system to boot back up again (had to revert to an earlier plist, I think mine somehow got corrupted), I removed AppleHDA I was using, as well as CodecCommander. Then I created a new patched AppleHDA using the tool from InsanelyMac, installed that kext and then re-installed CodecCommander. I left the DSDT.aml in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched that I had created earlier. Reboot ........ AND IT WORKS!

Thanks RehabMan. I appreciate all of your efforts to help people with this. Do you have a PayPal donate button anywhere?

I still have the weird headphone audio. When watching Youtube video, or playing a local MP3, it's like the sound is overlayed on itself. It's like the voice is really low, and the music is echoing and louder.

UPDATE: Setting the balance all the way right or left makes the headphones sound normal. So it's like the stereo channels are out of phase.

OK, I have CodecCommander installed, but doesn't seem to have helped.

EDIT: Actually, it did help. Now I have perfect headphone audio. Before when I breifly had audio working, headphone was very garbled. Now, it's crystal clear out the headphones. Still no speakers though. :(

Maybe the AppleHDA you're using does not correspond to your audio codec.

I still have the weird headphone audio. When watching Youtube video, or playing a local MP3, it's like the sound is overlayed on itself. It's like the voice is really low, and the music is echoing and louder.

UPDATE: Setting the balance all the way right or left makes the headphones sound normal. So it's like the stereo channels are out of phase.

You need to install CodecCommander.kext.

I have CodecCommander installed, at least I appear to. kextstat output:

95 0 0xffffff7f81f73000 0x7000 0x7000 org.tw.CodecCommander (2.5.0) 30887E16-7C38-32CF-A7CB-E2F102134B42 <87 12 11 4 3 1>
You need to install CodecCommander.kext.

Attachments

• MB’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.3 MB · Views: 63
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back