Contribute
Register

[solved] Cannot get ALC255 audio to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I am reading the guide, but some things seem left open for interpretation. The guide technically doesn't say "open this or open that". After using iasl to disassemble, I have a DSDT.dsl and SSDT-0.dsl through SSDT-8.dsl. Am I supposed to open each of these, JUST the DSDT.dsl, or JUST the SSDT-#.dsl files?

Your question proves you're not reading the guide.

Follow the guide as written.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

Sorry, I am reading the guide, but some things seem left open for interpretation. The guide technically doesn't say "open this or open that". After using iasl to disassemble, I have a DSDT.dsl and SSDT-0.dsl through SSDT-8.dsl. Am I supposed to open each of these, JUST the DSDT.dsl, or JUST the SSDT-#.dsl files?

You need to open whichever file you intend to patch. Audio patches are generally applied to DSDT.

OK, I have patched the DSDT and put it in /efi/clover/acpi/patched

I applied these patches:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"

Still no luck. Updated troubleshooting files attached:

Attachments

• RehabMan 2.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 46
OK, I have patched the DSDT and put it in /efi/clover/acpi/patched

I applied these patches:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
"Add IMEI"

Still no luck. Updated troubleshooting files attached:

Did you install patched AppleHDA? From the list of patches above, it does not seem as if you applied the appropriate layout-id patch.

OK, went back and tried to apply the layout patch, and received this error:

Did you install patched AppleHDA? From the list of patches above, it does not seem as if you applied the appropriate layout-id patch.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 11.55.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-01-14 at 11.55.24 AM.png
    448 KB · Views: 199
OK, went back and tried to apply the layout patch, and received this error:

You neglected to apply "Remove _DSM methods" as one of the first patches.

It is clearly mentioned in the guide. Please read carefully.

OK, yes I missed that. I made that correction, now zero errors. Put the DSDT in place and rebooted. Now I have "internal speakers" as an option. Progress. But, still no audio out of the speaker. Headphones not listed as an option, when I plug headphones in I just get a static/buzzing type of sound that is not affected by the volume control.

You neglected to apply "Remove _DSM methods" as one of the first patches.

It is clearly mentioned in the guide. Please read carefully.

OK, yes I missed that. I made that correction, now zero errors. Put the DSDT in place and rebooted. Now I have "internal speakers" as an option. Progress. But, still no audio out of the speaker. Headphones not listed as an option, when I plug headphones in I just get a static/buzzing type of sound that is not affected by the volume control.

Sounds like you have not installed CodecCommander.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back