Contribute
Register

[solved] Cannot get ALC255 audio to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FAQ has instructions for patched AppleHDA.

Involves:
- determining codec id
- finding/creating suitable patched AppleHDA
- installing patched AppleHDA to /S/L/E
- implementing correct ACPI patches corresponding to the patched AppleHDA
- potentially installing CodecCommander.kext

If you need help troubleshooting...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Hi RehabMan, I have tried everything in all threads but I cannot get audio ALC 255 to work on an Asus GL502VS.
I have patched the DSDT, installed patched AppleHDA for alc255 and rebuild cache and repair permissions.
Also tried with HDAEnabler and injecting layout id 3 from clover config but no success.
Here are all my files and configurations. Please any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• ALC255 NOT WORKING.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 158
Hi RehabMan, I have tried everything in all threads but I cannot get audio ALC 255 to work on an Asus GL502VS.
I have patched the DSDT, installed patched AppleHDA for alc255 and rebuild cache and repair permissions.
Also tried with HDAEnabler and injecting layout id 3 from clover config but no success.
Here are all my files and configurations. Please any help is appreciated.

Your kextcache output shows that no patched AppleHDA components are installed.

Your kextcache output shows that no patched AppleHDA components are installed.
I installed AppleHDA.kext with Kext Wizard correctly under S/L/E but when restart it appears like that. Why could be the reason for not loading the kext?
Thanks

I installed AppleHDA.kext with Kext Wizard correctly under S/L/E but when restart it appears like that. Why could be the reason for not loading the kext?
Thanks

The AppleHDA is not loading. It is probably corrupt.
You have other problems... (eg. graphics not working, USB3 not working, IGPU PM not implemented, etc.)

The AppleHDA is not loading. It is probably corrupt.
You have other problems... (eg. graphics not working, USB3 not working, IGPU PM not implemented, etc.)
Hmm weird, I just installed the AppleHDA kext from the collection.
Yes, I have a lot of problems, I have GTX 1070 graphics only, so I m waiting for drivers. USB and IGPU not important now..I think. Also tried cloverHDA.kext and it loads fine but no audio either.

Hmm weird, I just installed the AppleHDA kext from the collection.

You should check that it was patched correctly and was patched based AppleHDA from the exact version you're running.
Best to use the AppleHDA patcher, otherwise you likely have an old kext.

You should check that it was patched correctly and was patched based AppleHDA from the exact version you're running.
Good catch thanks a lot man I will try tomorrow and let u know. I just want to code in Xcode and listen to music at the same time ahaha. Thanks again

Hi again, How can I get the default appleHDA.kext for my current system without reinstalling over it? The input for AppleHDA patcher is the original .kext?

Hi again, How can I get the default appleHDA.kext for my current system without reinstalling over it? The input for AppleHDA patcher is the original .kext?

You can run the OS X installer to restore all system files (don't erase the target partition, and it is refresh).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back