Z170i Pro Gaming 3401
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. iMac
Hallo Community,

First of all a million thanks to the community for all the efforts put into making Hackintosh work. I am a newbie here and trying to understand how this all fits together and works. Moreover this is my first Post so bear with my shortcomings :)

Now to my Problem. My Hardware Config is as follows:
Intel i7-6700 non-clocking
Asus Z170i Pro Gaming
2x 8GB Crucial Ballistic Sport LT DDR4 2400MHz
1 SSD for OSX and 1 SSD for Win 10
Gigabyte GeForce GTX960 4GB

So this Feb I bought and assembled all of it (except GTX960, dint have it at that time) and did the first fresh install of Sierra 10.12.3 using Unibeast + Multibeast + Clover. Everything was fine using HDMI as main output. Dont't remember exactly but somehow got Audio to work using the output Jack behind with ALC1150 or VooDoo HDA v2.8.8. After getting the GTX 960 did the Nvidia alternative driver install + Nvidia web driver under system parameter in config.plist. That worked too after disabling SIP and using AGDPfix. Display port was then usable. Upgraded to 10.12.4 and later to 10.12.5 each with respective nvidia driver update and always a AGDPfix following after driver update. System was until then stable without bluetooth and ethernet. I use a USB dongle(TP-Link TL-WN822N) for WiFi connectivity. So far really Good.

Then recently i wanted to download some App from Appstore and noticed my App store was not working/could not login and tried reading through forum to get it work. Unfortunately before understanding things completely I changed something in SMBIOS using the Clover Configurator (CC) magic wand and updated my config.plist. After that I was not able to boot into installed OSX or from USB Install Key. I had a Blocked Sign at CC Boot.

Under frustration I removed all Clover boot options and then readded them. After that I had to do this operation everytime to atleast get my USB Install Key to boot or have it connected to USB 2.0 port to boot to installed Sierra OSX. Windows on the other SSD was booting Fine. I tried replacing the config.plist with an older working version but that dint fix it too. So I backed up all user data and finally did a fresh OSX install with the Win SSD removed rather than fidling further with config.plist. Installtion went fine with the original USB install key but had kernal Panic and restart in loop after the post installation.

After two three fresh installs and kernal panic, I updated the USB install key using latest Sierra 10.12.5 update + Unibeast 7.1 and Post install Multibeast 9.1 (UEFI legacy with default options with no extras). Installed OSx and tried to reboot and Boom, No panic attacks more but no matter what I do I get the following Screen under Verbose mode (attached file). Meanwhile I updated my Z170i BIOS to v3401 to see if that helps. It did not.
20170529_080958.jpg

I am currently unable to boot into USB install key to do a fresh install and neither the installed OSX. I tried doing some debugging using verbose and CC options but I dint pay attention to which options together I tried as all resulted in similar situation. When I choose UEFI on SSD (using BIOS boot Priority) I have Clover v2.4k rev 4063. I updated the USB install key CC to v2.4k 4077 and choose UEFI on USB using BIOS boot Priority. Does this create any Mismatch?

Shouldn't the USB install key always work with its own EFI config.plist irrespective of the installed OSX config.plist?

How should I proceed now.I am greatly thankful for any suggestions. Hope the community also benefits from this debugging. Thank you

Last edited:
@eisenhornet, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

@BreBo Thank you so much for the Tip in the following post
Post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-stuck-on-reboot-when-upgrade-10-12-4-to-10-12-5.222936/

1) Setting Boot Screen select Options > Graphics Injector > FakeID to 0x12345678 Finally Booted my installed 10.12.5 OSX.
2) Installed Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext using KextBeast, but after rebooting same issue as main post. Had to edit FakeID again to Boot.
3) This time Updated Clover to 4077. Reboot and Voila!! Intel HD Graphics 530 with 1536MB detected.

With IGPU and onboard HDMI. Working good!

Tried to Install Nvidia web drivers for 10.12.5 for GTX960. Tried AGDPfix 2 after Driver installation. Still no detection of graphics card. Should I remove Inject Intel and Just use NvidiaWeb??

Thank You

Tried to Install Nvidia web drivers for 10.12.5 for GTX960. Tried AGDPfix 2 after Driver installation. Still no detection of graphics card. Should I remove Inject Intel and Just use NvidiaWeb??
Better to disable the Intel HD Graphics 530 in the BIOS, and set config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=false

Setup emulated NVRAM to store the nvda_drv=1 boot flag in boot-args.
See Problem 6 of Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems
Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts

@BreBo Thanks for the Tip again.

I tried reinstalling Clover Boot with cutomized settings to Install EmuVariableUefi-64 and RC Scripts. Reboot had no effect on display port of graphics card. Still onbaord HDMI worked. System report now shows Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB 1536MB instead of Intel HD Graphics 530 or Nvidia Graphics for that matter.

Inside the Nvidia Driver Manager: NVIDIA Web Driver is selected by default. Which wasn't before the customized update.
I had to edit config.plist with CC to put boot arg nv_drv=1 it did not happend thorugh CC update.

While now on desktop if I switch Monitor input to DisplayPort It shows an empty Sierra Desktop. Only when I click on the space where Dock or Menu panel exist, it then shows up and remains. If I switch Display source now between HDMI and Display Port I always get Black Screen.

Will disabling IGPU in BIOS solve this issue??Cant find this Option.

In Earlier OSX version I could use both IGPU HDMI Port(for debugging when Nvidia Driver dint work) and GTX960 Display Port simulatneously.

I had to edit config.plist with CC to put boot arg nv_drv=1 it did not happend thorugh CC update.
As of macOS Sierra, nvda_drv=1 in config.plist under Boot > Arguments is no longer working to initiate drivers. Clover has been updated with a new System Parameter setting called NvidiaWeb.
See: New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover
Will disabling IGPU in BIOS solve this issue??Cant find this Option.
Check your motherboards manual
BIOS > Advanced Menu > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display

Right nw only NvidiaWeb is set to True and Boot Argument hast nvda_drv=1.
I tried once putting Primary Display as Auto and now PCIe. In Both cases, when I switch to DisplayPort on GTX960 monitor goes to Power Save Mode. But atleast at Clover Boot Screen I can still switch to IGPU HDMI and Boot.

I had NvidiaWeb True and nvda_drv=1 in boot args.
I did try Primary Display one time with Setting Auto and once with PCIe both did not let Display Port on GTX960 to work or only work when booted in through IGPU HDMI.
With setting Primary Display -> PCIe, Boot Screen was accessible only throught IGPU HDMI.
Finally with same setting I disconnected HDMI cable and only With display port everything worked and System report now shows GTx960 4GB.
Thanks a lot for the support:clap:!!
Next stop get Audio working :think:!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back