Contribute
Register

[solved] Built-In Display Black Screen HD530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind IntelBacklight.kext is a bit broken on 10.12.4.
Suggest you go back to 10.12.3 unless you want to work that new problem out (requires custom AppleBacklightInjector.kext... google it... I have an old guide for doing it, but it is for Ivy Bridge, not Skylake...)
Just a question how can I downgrade? Should I reinstall?

Your ACPI files are not patched correctly (for example, no evidence of "OS Check Fix" patch).
Ohh so everything in the ACPI guide should be install!! Let me try if I fix it.

Keep in mind IntelBacklight.kext is a bit broken on 10.12.4.
Suggest you go back to 10.12.3 unless you want to work that new problem out (requires custom AppleBacklightInjector.kext... google it... I have an old guide for doing it, but it is for Ivy Bridge, not Skylake...)

Your ACPI files are not patched correctly (for example, no evidence of "OS Check Fix" patch).
After Adding:
"Fix _WAK Arg0 v2"
"HPET Fix"
"SMBUS Fix"
"IRQ Fix"
"RTC Fix"
"OS Check Fix"
"Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel"
"Fix PNOT/PPNT"
Rename:
GFX0>IGPU
HECI>IMEI
HDAS>HDEF
and disable nvidia to my DSDT, my screen start to glitch. The only thing I did is the patch my DSDT, so I will upload my DSDT.aml

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    107 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
It is not valid to rename in DSDT and not in the SSDTs.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/
Am I Patching my ACPI correctly now? I rename GFX0 to IGPU on SSDT-1 and SSDT-11.aml because only both of them got GFX0. I also got a problem now, last time I boot I didn't use my external HDMI display, and now even my external shows black screen when I boot up, it only shows a mouse.
I forgot to say, I reinstall it from 10.12.4 to 10.12.1 and upgrade to 10.12.3

Edit: Never mind, I fix external display not showing by changing the resolution, but still built-in-display still won't show anything.

Last edited:
Am I Patching my ACPI correctly now? I rename GFX0 to IGPU on SSDT-1 and SSDT-11.aml because only both of them got GFX0. I also got a problem now, last time I boot I didn't use my external HDMI display, and now even my external shows black screen when I boot up, it only shows a mouse.
I forgot to say, I reinstall it from 10.12.4 to 10.12.1 and upgrade to 10.12.3

Edit: Never mind, I fix external display not showing by changing the resolution, but still built-in-display still won't show anything.

Problems:
- SSDT.aml is not loading due to it not being listed in SortedOrder (therefore no CPU PM)
- QE/CI not implemented (eg. graphics not working) due to incorrect use of FakeID/IntelGFX

Problems:
- SSDT.aml is not loading due to it not being listed in SortedOrder (therefore no CPU PM)
- QE/CI not implemented (eg. graphics not working) due to incorrect use of FakeID/IntelGFX
I thought I add ssdt.aml in SortOrder on the first order. Also what can I do to fix incorrect IntelGFX? Replace it?

I thought I add ssdt.aml in SortOrder on the first order. Also what can I do to fix incorrect IntelGFX? Replace it?

Look at your SortedOrder list in config.plist.
FakeID/IntelGFX not required for your hardware. Do not inject a FakeID.

Look at your SortedOrder list in config.plist.
FakeID/IntelGFX not required for your hardware. Do not inject a FakeID.
Am I adding it incorrectly? Because I see ssdt.aml in config.plist
Screenshot_20170330-101916.png

Last edited:
Am I adding it incorrectly? Because I see ssdt.aml in config.plist
View attachment 245130

I looked at the Clover bootlog to determine why CPU PM was not working (looked for SSDT.aml, and didn't find it).

Your Clover bootlog, extracted from the ioreg in post #54 indicates no files in ACPI/patched.
Probably because you're booting from USB, and not the EFI/Clover that you attached.

I looked at the Clover bootlog to determine why CPU PM was not working (looked for SSDT.aml, and didn't find it).

Your Clover bootlog, extracted from the ioreg in post #54 indicates no files in ACPI/patched.
Probably because you're booting from USB, and not the EFI/Clover that you attached.
Ohh Ok I will upload a new file. Also I think didn't install anything that is called FakeID/IntelGFX, I also check S/L/E, there isn't anything call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back