Integrated
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

Did something really stupid this morning. Mac OS had popup telling me it was time to install update and I just hit restart instead of ignoring it. Now my hackintosh will not boot anymore. I have tried the following things:

1. Reboot in Verbose mode which comes to this screen before rebooting:

2. Starting with Boot args: -v nv_disable=1, nothing happens.
3. Run Recovery from Clover, takes a long time, reboots the machine and then it hangs, putting my monitor in sleeping mode, not doing anything.

Is there something I can do that doesn't involve reinstalling the whole thing? Don't have a backup of my config.plist or other files :(

Image doesn't seem to work, so trying to post it this way.

Attachments

• IMG_3829.jpg
    IMG_3829.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 549
Hello,

+1 - I have the same problem. Ran for 1 year straight with no issues !

Next, we managed to reboot on the Recovery partition 1 time, and now when I try it, it get stuck on the Apple Logo with the Beach Ball !

Furthermore, I tried rebooting on 2 USB Keys setup (with latest Unibeast El Capitan) one with 10.11.6, the other with 10.11.4 - I get a Prohibitory Symbol for each one (circle with a diagonal bar in it !).

It's urgent, it's my brother's computer and I leave tomorrow ... (great holidays, finishing up with computer troubleshooting ...)

Thanks in advance,

Richard
Same motherboard (GA-Z170N-WIFI, with Intel i3 and 8 GB RAM (Crucial) + Samsung EVO 850 256 GB)

Last edited:
I have also tried to run the machine from USB, but that doesn't work. Well at least I get some info in Verbose mode. See the images. It runs until it says 130,54952: ATHR: Unkown locale: 21

Attachments

• IMG_3832.jpg
    IMG_3832.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 304
  • IMG_3833.jpg
    IMG_3833.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 345
  • IMG_3834.jpg
    IMG_3834.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 319
How do you get these screens ( when putting -v in boot args, I only get the same as your first image), here is the image of the Boot Args :

My diff. boots are by defalt : "dart=0", the I tested : "dart=0 -v", followed by : "dart=0 nv_disable=1 -v", and finally just : "nv_disable=1 -v".

Cheers,

Richard

Attachments

• IMG_1737.JPG
    IMG_1737.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 342
  • IMG_1746.JPG
    IMG_1746.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 325
  • IMG_1750.JPG
    IMG_1750.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 316
That's what I get when I start on both USB Unibeast, and after a while, I get the Apple Logo and the Beach Ball and no sign of movement on the progress bar

Attachments

• IMG_1763.JPG
    IMG_1763.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 292
  • IMG_1764.JPG
    IMG_1764.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1765.JPG
    IMG_1765.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 229
Hi Again,

I think we are in deep sh*t --> Look at the subject : Security Update 2017-003 El Capitan

We are not the only ones ...

See you there, I'll build a Sierra USB key to upgrade the OS.

Cheers,

Richard

Hi Richard,

I have seen the thread and just ordered a new ssd. Hope I can save my data from my old ssd and make it a fresh install of MacOs Sierra :O

Don't want to wait too long for all the stuff, but it's really annoying that there isn't a fix yet.

Cheers!

Hey Pieter,

I installed Sierra directly over El Capitan.

I still have some little issues, but I didn't loose a thing.

I really followed the Sierra Install, important press F12 to choose the Boot device (done for Sierra), and then it's a matter of following the documentation.

Cheers,

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back