Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
This is my first build and I'm really pleased so far to have overcome a few difficulties with the help of this forum and I'm up and running with a Sierra desktop. Still a few things to sort and the first is to get bluetooth working, for this I've got a Fenvi FV-T919. I installed this post the main build and WiFi worked out of the box. But I can't seem to get bluetooth working. Under About this Mac -> System report the bluetooth tab says "No information Found"

This is the card: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M997EKF/?tag=tonymacx86-21

My build:
Intel Core i7 6700K Processor
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Motherboard
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 750Ti Graphics
The description seems to indicate that the Fenvi card will work with no extra adjustments "Native Support NO other kext or any patching needed"

Being entirely new to this I'm not sure where to look or what to do. Any help appreciated.

Silly mistake - hadn't connected the USB header to the card. Now working.

I got the same card and I am happy to report that all network functions work easily under OSX. However, I'm having a lot of trouble getting my Windows 10 boot to recognize it. Any suggestions?

Are you running Sierra? I'm planning take same card but seller tells me bluetooth wouldn't work on Sierra. Have you tested it?

Are you running Sierra? I'm planning take same card but seller tells me bluetooth wouldn't work on Sierra. Have you tested it?

Bluetooth and wifi both worked out of the box for me under Sierra. Just make sure to attach the USB header on your motherboard correctly.

Windows 10, however, is impossible for me thus far. The driver cd and web drivers (supposedly the ones FOR WINDOWS) are full of files with irregular characters that Windows can't recognize, and for whatever reason it doesn't seem to notice anything in that PCI lane. Pretty disappointing.

I'm on 10.12.3 and using this card with an Asus Z170-A Motherboard

- Wifi works fine in Sierra, however, Bluetooth isn't working :(

- For Windows 10 I went to the Fenvi website and downloaded the drivers. Ater installing both drivers, wifi and Bluetooth works just great in Windows.

You can get the windows 10 drivers here: http://en.fenvi.com/en/download_zx.php

Any ideas on how to fix bluetooth in Sierra?

Ah-ha!

I just fixed Bluetooth in Sierra using Multibeast. Make sure you check the "Increase Max Port Limit" under "Drivers" > "USB".

Restart and that should do the trick :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 15.35.13.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-09 at 15.35.13.png
    277 KB · Views: 2,313
Ah-ha!

I just fixed Bluetooth in Sierra using Multibeast. Make sure you check the "Increase Max Port Limit" under "Drivers" > "USB".

Restart and that should do the trick :)

Good call. I used "USBInjectall" kext with the max port limit increase patch before even testing the bluetooth in Sierra. Looking forward to trying out the Windows 10 drivers, I wasn't able to find that particular page when I looked for it before and the driver CD that came with the card was DOA.

I just bought the same AirPort card to replace an other model that was unfortunately dead. I'm sure the USB port is correctly recognized, since it worked for the last card.

But I don't have Bluetooth with the Fenvi model. Wi-Fi works fine, but no Bluetooth.

I tried installing BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext but it does not work. What should I do next ?

Thanks !

Capture d’écran 2017-03-17 à 11.14.00.png

repost from another thread:
I have just recieved my t919 and I can't seem to get BT to work. I plugged it into the first pcie slow (x1) and plugged the usb plug into the front usb header. but macOS says no BT present. Did I need to have it present when I installed Sierra? I didn't have BT when I installed according to Stork's Maximus VIII Hero guide. Is there a setting in multibeast or in Clover that I should look for? Everyone says it works out of the box. Wifi works great with no lag after sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back