Solved Blank Screen after Transcript Offline on IntelHD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
lightmanrt said:
mmvie said:
I patched the GFX0 part of my DSDT as follows:

Good luck!
Hi,

I can't get my dsdt to compile when I add the edits.I get 8 errors. It does compile without the edits.

/Users/robertaterrano/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 2669: Device (PEG1)
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_DEVICE, expecting ',' ^

/Users/robertaterrano/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 20727: If (SS3)
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF ^

/Users/robertaterrano/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 20738: If (SS4)
Error 4096 - syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_IF ^

/Users/robertaterrano/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 20760: \_SB.PCI0.GFX0.OPTS (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.OPTS)

/Users/robertaterrano/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 20761: OEMS (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (OEMS)

/Users/robertaterrano/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 20767: \_SB.ATKD.GENW (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.ATKD.GENW)

/Users/robertaterrano/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 20768: \_SB.PCI0.GFX0.OWAK (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (\_SB.PCI0.GFX0.OWAK)

/Users/robertaterrano/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 20769: OEMW (Arg0)
Error 4064 - Object does not exist ^ (OEMW)

ASL Input: /Users/robertaterrano/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 20807 lines, 641688 bytes, 9251 keywords
Compilation complete. 8 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 0 Optimizations
Any help willbe appreciated

This code is finetuned, copy-paste straight from dsdt so error-free (_DSM method only here):

Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"AAPL00,DualLink", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }
Don't forget to insert your own device-id: mine is 0126 -> 0x26, 0x01, 0X00, 0x00

Hi mmvie,

i used your dsdt edits including adding the Operation Region line as well and i'm still seeing the same problem of only having hdmi output working. the internal display never comes up (blank screen with backlight).

it seems that OS X is unable to determine the EDID of my display and is using the default overrides...i see it from the ioregistry. i tried to find the EDID by booting into windows and using the "ELDDIM-EDIDViewer" app but the raw data i was getting was all 0x00.

do you know how i can find the EDID for the TruBrite 13.3" TFT with max resolution as 1366 x 768? do you think that could be the reason why my internal display isn't working when i'm using the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext? if i don't use the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext then the default overrides seem to work but i can't play dvds etc (no QE/CI?).

tdinh said:
Hi mmvie,

i used your dsdt edits including adding the Operation Region line as well and i'm still seeing the same problem of only having hdmi output working. the internal display never comes up (blank screen with backlight).

it seems that OS X is unable to determine the EDID of my display and is using the default overrides...i see it from the ioregistry. i tried to find the EDID by booting into windows and using the "ELDDIM-EDIDViewer" app but the raw data i was getting was all 0x00.

do you know how i can find the EDID for the TruBrite 13.3" TFT with max resolution as 1366 x 768? do you think that could be the reason why my internal display isn't working when i'm using the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext? if i don't use the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext then the default overrides seem to work but i can't play dvds etc (no QE/CI?).

I'd say you should try to get your internal display working first, then start playing with hdmi etc.

To get to know your device id, boot into your Windows (you mentioned you can), then download and run (make sure your intel hd 3000 is active and not your powerfull card) HardwareInfo:

http://www.hwinfo.com/download32.html 32bit
http://www.hwinfo.com/download64.html 64 bit
(Download portable zip and you even don't have to install anything)

Save a report (as html will do) and there you got all your hardware info, just read the ID of your Intel HD 3000. Should look like this: Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0126&SUBSYS_04911028&REV_09 --> in my case --
> 0x01268086
Note: 0126 = device id while 8086 = vendor id

Open AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext < Contents < Info.plist and find key IOKitPersonalities < AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB < IOPCIPrimaryMatch
Adapt the string's value to your id (in my case: 0x01268086).

Adapt your DSDT with the new (I made an edit) code. Don't forget to insert your own device-id which is the byte inversion of your device id:
my case: 01 26 --> 0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
example: AB CD --> 0xCD, 0xAB, 0x00, 0x00

PS: make sure AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is in /S/L/E and not in /E/E

PPS: the code in my previous post is if you have troubles with your display (artefacts, stretched display, blank screen...). This code is intel hd 3000 injection only, try it first:

Code:
            {
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                Return (Local0)
            }

Hi mmvie,

i do know what my hardware id is. it is already supported in the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext. is is 01168086. OSX knows what graphics driver i'm using ( i have the mobile version of the Intel HD 3000 Graphics driver which is 0116). OSX just doesn't seem to know the display/lcd screen.

i'll try to boot into windows and run that program to see if i can get any info regarding my display.

thx.

tdinh said:
i have the mobile version of the Intel HD 3000 Graphics driver which is 0116
Have a kext for intel hd 3000? That does not work together with dsdt method...

I do have AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext in my S/L/E. Should i remove that and only use AppleIntelSNBGraphics.kext in S/L/E?

Don't forget to insert your own device-id: mine is 0126 -> 0x26, 0x01, 0X00, 0x00[/quote]

Still getting the same six errors. I have attached my uncomplied DSDT.Maybe I am missing something.

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    626.4 KB · Views: 138
tdinh said:
Hi mmvie,

Did you try the fix in the first post of this thread? It seems to be a Duallink problem just like what I had.

mmvie said:
After searching for days, my Intel HD 3000 fully works! Hopefully this can help/inspire others...

I first could not get AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext loaded at all, stuck at "DSMOS has arrived". I patched it with my device-id and could boot now. How to patch? Use search function, enough info about it already on these forums.

I patched the GFX0 part of my DSDT as follows:

Code:
Device (GFX0)
{
	Name (_ADR, 0x00020000)
            {
                Store (Package (0x04)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x26, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"AAPL00,DualLink", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                Return (Local0)
            }

// A lot of other methods

OperationRegion (IGDP, PCI_Config, 0x40, 0xC0)
}

Good luck!

Couldn't find "Device (GFX0)" in my DSDT (generated by Mald0n)

I did, however, found the line " Name (_ADR, 0x00020000) " under Device (VID) " , so, just pasted the following code and now, I have native 1600x900 resolution. Don't know about QE/CI though.

Code:
            {
                Store (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        "AAPL00,DualLink", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                Return (Local0)
            }

No Kext edits, just installed chimera 1.5.1 and Macbook Pro 8,3 smbios

I have a Dell Latitude E5420, I7 2620M CPU and 1600x900 LED screen.
Intel HD 3000 Graphics (DeviceID : 0126)

I will post my dsdt if anybody needs that.

@pauldmps - i did try the edits in your original post but could not get the internal display to work when using AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB. I could only get my hdmi output to display. while using my hdmi display, the system profiler indicated i had 4 display connects with the only connector showing up in the list was from my hdmi output. when i deleted the kext from S/L/E and booted into the internal display, the IOReg indicated that the override was being used (per the thread by charr??).

do you any other suggestions? i've been combing thru both tonymac and to get ideas but nothing seems to work. i've done this method as well as modifying connectors and injecting device-ids and attempting to do the EDID fix which i was unable to because my display wasn't recognized. is your display recogized by OS X by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back