Contribute
Register

[solved] Black screen after waking up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same problem now. It only happens when I leave it to "sleep" longer (tested a couple times, the shortest time was around 30 minutes). If I put it to sleep for only a few minutes, it's fine. Kindly advise. Thanks.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 70
After camera and HDMI audio fix, don't know why the sleep is gone...now even I put it to sleep with no usb plugged in, it's dark screen every time I wake it. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 67
After camera and HDMI audio fix, don't know why the sleep is gone...now even I put it to sleep with no usb plugged in, it's dark screen every time I wake it. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Your issue is likely caused by USB WiFi. Install supported PCIe WiFi instead.

Your issue is likely caused by USB WiFi. Install supported PCIe WiFi instead.

Thanks for your reply. I ordered the AR9285/AR3011 and still waiting for it to arrive (if I read your faq earlier I will go with AR9280). I will test and report later.

I installed a BCM94352HMB and removed the usb wifi, no luck. So I reinstalled OS X and re-did the DSDT patches and installed battery, backlight, ethernet, pcie-wifi, AppleHDA and HDMI audio kexts, still no luck. Everything works but black screen after wake.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    2 MB · Views: 82
I installed a BCM94352HMB and removed the usb wifi, no luck. So I reinstalled OS X and re-did the DSDT patches and installed battery, backlight, ethernet, pcie-wifi, AppleHDA and HDMI audio kexts, still no luck. Everything works but black screen after wake.

ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml

Also, DropOem=true is required when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Also, use just "Brightness Fix" + IntelBacklight.kext.

ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin, you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml

Also, DropOem=true is required when you have patched SSDTs in ACPI/patched.

Also, use just "Brightness Fix" + IntelBacklight.kext.

Thanks for your help! Still wake to black screen. It might be just my machine doesn't like me.

Attachments

• Archive-IntelBacklight.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back