Lenovo U430 Touch
CPU
Intel Core i5-4200U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4400
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

installed on my Lenovo Ideadpad U430 Touch successfully Mac OS X El Capitan with Clover. Everything is working well, but since my laptop has got an Intel Wireless card, which will never work on OS X, the official thread for the Lenovo Ideadpad U430 in this forums says I should buy a Broadcom BCM94352HMB, which will gonna work with OS X.

So, I'm looking for someone, who can provide me buying link for the mentioned wireless card, which is compatible for my laptop (the plan is to remove the intel card and plugin in the broadcom card). I'm asking for your help here, because I do not want to come in the situation to buy a wrong model, which won't gonna work with my laptop (I already looked on ebay for the model but in many descriptions I read that it will not work with lenovo laptops). So I am a bit unsure, what to buy right now.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

L0g4nAd4ms.

BCM94352HMB Wireless card for Lenovo Ideadpad U430 Touch

Hey guys,

installed on my Lenovo Ideadpad U430 Touch successfully Mac OS X El Capitan with Clover. Everything is working well, but since my laptop has got an Intel Wireless card, which will never work on OS X, the official thread for the Lenovo Ideadpad U430 in this forums says I should buy a Broadcom BCM94352HMB, which will gonna work with OS X.

So, I'm looking for someone, who can provide me buying link for the mentioned wireless card, which is compatible for my laptop (the plan is to remove the intel card and plugin in the broadcom card). I'm asking for your help here, because I do not want to come in the situation to buy a wrong model, which won't gonna work with my laptop (I already looked on ebay for the model but in many descriptions I read that it will not work with lenovo laptops). So I am a bit unsure, what to buy right now.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,

L0g4nAd4ms.

The descriptions you read that claim it won't work on Lenovo laptops are wrong. It is just seller CYA.

Purchase a BCM94352HMB, AzureWave CE-123H.

So as long as it's a BCM94352HMB it'll work, or does it have to be from AzureWave ?

So as long as it's a BCM94352HMB it'll work, or does it have to be from AzureWave ?

I have the AzureWave... two of them actually, one in my u430 and the other in my BRIX.

I can't speak for others...

It says that for pretty much any WIFI card because some laptops have whitelists and some don't.

So, found some on Ebay:

#1: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Azurewave-AW...917830?hash=item2a60d0b846:g:zL4AAOSwGotWsu~4
#2: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Broadcom-Wla...827261?hash=item25b749587d:g:s2gAAOSwFNZWzvQS . Question: Well, this is half the price, so I think it wont be compatible ?
#3: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Azurewave-AW...365750?hash=item2ca10a44b6:g:J-UAAOSw5IJWcDYR
#4: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Broadcom-BCM...189974?hash=item53fe90d456:g:QIsAAOxygKZSR~1E . This has just 300Mbits and bluetooth 3.0.

Which would you recommend ?

Only BCM943532HMB will work with this laptop.

#2 is not compatible with OS X.
#4 is not compatible with the u430 BIOS.

Only BCM943532HMB will work with this laptop.

#2 is not compatible with OS X.
#4 is not compatible with the u430 BIOS.
OK thanks, think I'm gonna buy #3, because ...
- no shipping fee, its shipped form Germany
- higher security if its defect
- package will be there in just 2 days
- Not from China xD (may be a prejudice, but got always an alarming feeling)
- better packaging

Well, on #3 it says in the description it doesn't work on lenovo laptops, because it's blocked from the BIOS, but according to you it should work anyway though.

Edit: In the description it says two dualband antennas have to be connected to the device to work properly. Do I have to buy them extra ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back