Contribute
Register

[Solved] 10.13.6 - Unable to Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question. I'm wondering which model wireless card is in the adapter you have, or is it something like the all-in-one Fenvi cards?

It's the Broadcom BCM94360CD, which is a native Apple chip.

Well the original screenshot shows wake was due to something not quite correctly identified. Usually this is a LAN interface or USB device or just the Power Button, but as you say there weren't any devices attached.

You can check power management assertions and the log involved with:

Code:
pmset -g assertions
pmset -g log

This might point to the rogue process involved at the point of wake.

Good question. I'm wondering which model wireless card is in the adapter you have, or is it something like the all-in-one Fenvi cards?

As it turns out, I returned the previous card and tried one of the Fenvi cards (FV-T919) and all of these issues have been resolved.

Alright, I've done a lot more investigation, including removing every USB device, including the internal Bluetooth, and reverting back to a known good config.plist from a month ago, all without any resolution. Yes I do have FixShutdown ticked.

Also it appears that I also can't shut down the computer normally. Instead it'll just restart by itself, and will only shut down when the power button is held down.

However, the one thing that did solve both these problems was removing the wifi/BT Broadcom BCM94360CD card from the PCIe slot.

So now my new question is: how do you prevent a PCIe wifi card from waking up your computer?

Did you resolve the sleep problem by removing your wirless/BT card or by other way?

I have the same problem.

My computer is Dell 3537 notebook. I installed High sierra and replaced the wificard with BCM94352. The macos is 99% pefect, usb 2.0 and 3.0 function work normally, except the sleep function. Every time it went into sleep, the screen turned dark, but the fan still running. After several minutes, it rebooted.

use "pmset -g log" in terminal, display "sleep failure".

I tried every way to solve the problem, but it still exist.

I wonder if removing the wificard is the only way to resolve the problem or any other better way?

Did you resolve the sleep problem by removing your wirless/BT card or by other way?

I have the same problem.

My computer is Dell 3537 notebook. I installed High sierra and replaced the wificard with BCM94352. The macos is 99% pefect, usb 2.0 and 3.0 function work normally, except the sleep function. Every time it went into sleep, the screen turned dark, but the fan still running. After several minutes, it rebooted.

use "pmset -g log" in terminal, display "sleep failure".

I tried every way to solve the problem, but it still exist.

I wonder if removing the wificard is the only way to resolve the problem or any other better way?

Well you should start by trying to isolate the problem and make sure it actually is your wifi card. See if it can sleep with no wifi card, and if it can sleep with Ethernet but no wifi, and if disabling it in software works.

Also yours is not the same card as mine was so not sure how applicable my situation would be.

But FWIW I ended up replacing my card with a Fenvi FV T919 card and that worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back