Contribute
Register

[solved] 1 Error When Compiling DSDT. How do I eliminate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 Error When Compiling DSDT. How do I eliminate it?

Odd, I was sure I followed every step.

It says:

SMBios.plist
Themes
modules
org.chameleon.Boot.plist
ssdt.aml

I also seem to have developed a new issue regarding sleep that wasn't present before: System crashes. It was behaving normally up until I added the screen brightness fix and ran the Kext Wizard to rebuild. I have since tried adding the sleep fix but same issue.

You're not using your patched DSDT, then. Did you forget to copy it to /Extra/dsdt.aml (step 15 of guide).

What does this show:
Code:
ls -l /Extra

Odd, I was sure I followed every step.

It says:

SMBios.plist
Themes
modules
org.chameleon.Boot.plist
ssdt.aml

I also seem to have developed a new issue regarding sleep that wasn't present before: System crashes. It was behaving normally up until I added the screen brightness fix and ran the Kext Wizard to rebuild. I have since tried adding the sleep fix but same issue.

Correctly functioning sleep (and a lot of other stuff) is tied to DSDT patch. You are running with OEM DSDT because you didn't copy your DSDT correctly. Verify that you have dsdt.aml on your desktop and that it is the one you created with DSDT Editor via patching process, then revisit step 15.

Went through the step again (and I do remember doing it the first time around) and it looked like it went through again...Can't remember exactly what it said but something about ---- to -----. I just tried replicating the result to get the exact wording but now I am getting "no such file or directory" with the same DSDT file sitting on the Desktop.

How can I verify the copy took by looking in the .plist file in the Extras folder?

Even after that second terminal command and reboot there was no change to audio or sleep issues.

Correctly functioning sleep (and a lot of other stuff) is tied to DSDT patch. You are running with OEM DSDT because you didn't copy your DSDT correctly. Verify that you have dsdt.aml on your desktop and that it is the one you created with DSDT Editor via patching process, then revisit step 15.

Went through the step again (and I do remember doing it the first time around) and it looked like it went through again...Can't remember exactly what it said but something about ---- to -----. I just tried replicating the result to get the exact wording but now I am getting "no such file or directory" with the same DSDT file sitting on the Desktop.

How can I verify the copy took by looking in the .plist file in the Extras folder?

Even after that second terminal command and reboot there was no change to audio or sleep issues.

I expect you didn't Save As your patched DSDT as "DSDT.aml" to the desktop (step 12).

Do both these commands and copy/paste output:

Code:
ls -l ~/Desktop
ls -l /Extra

I was wondering about that as it just shows up as DSDT on my Desktop with no extension. So when DSDT Editor saves the AML file in the last step, does it automatically assign the correct extension? I believe all I did was name it DSDT.

What I get with those commands is:

total 288

and

total 32

I expect you didn't Save As your patched DSDT as "DSDT.aml" to the desktop (step 12).

Do both these commands and copy/paste output:

Code:
ls -l ~/Desktop
ls -l /Extra

So adding the extension seems to have done the trick, it immediately added an icon (with the patch band-aid). I have sound at least, and the brightness controls on the keyboard. Sleep still seems to be an issue as it crashes when waking.

I'm assuming if my wi-fi card was the right one it would locate my wi-fi signal and show airport options yes? I have nothing there but I know there is a lot of info on the site re: atheros.

Thanks for your assistance sir.

So adding the extension seems to have done the trick, it immediately added an icon (with the patch band-aid). I have sound at least, and the brightness controls on the keyboard. Sleep still seems to be an issue as it crashes when waking.

Of course extensions matter -- they are part of the file name. That's why I wrote DSDT.AML in the guide and not just DSDT.

As far as the sleep issue, you're going to have to post a photo to provide any clue. And you should probably try the 'sleep image fix' in Probook Installer, as some hard drives seem to have issues waking from sleep soon enough. It is likely something else, however...

And now that you've got through the install at least once, it might be a good idea to start all over again, learning from the mistakes you made this time.

I'm assuming if my wi-fi card was the right one it would locate my wi-fi signal and show airport options yes? I have nothing there but I know there is a lot of info on the site re: atheros.

Best to verify what it is by physical inspection, or looking at Device Manager in Windows.

Fresh install worked, thanks.

Of course extensions matter -- they are part of the file name. That's why I wrote DSDT.AML in the guide and not just DSDT.

As far as the sleep issue, you're going to have to post a photo to provide any clue. And you should probably try the 'sleep image fix' in Probook Installer, as some hard drives seem to have issues waking from sleep soon enough. It is likely something else, however...

And now that you've got through the install at least once, it might be a good idea to start all over again, learning from the mistakes you made this time.

Best to verify what it is by physical inspection, or looking at Device Manager in Windows.

Audio ID should be 12. Post your patched DSDT. Also check to see that you have the right AppleHDA installed (just to be sure):
Code:
# in terminal:
md5 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA 
# should output:
MD5 (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA) = 05321f4cbece563a2ffbcc2c742d232b

Always a good idea to repair permissions (Disk Utility), then rebuild kernel cache (Kext Wizard) after any kext install.

Yeah on similar but different note my Newly installed Lion on 4530 is not allowing me sound options, it is grey and shows "No output devices found" I have looked into Preference and it has my AUdio ID as 12 like oyu said but my AppleHDA is different.
I'm regestering:
MD5 (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA) = abb4bcba7a76d5be86489adebd290fb8

I have ran permissions verify/repair and Kext Wizard in hopes to correct this.

was wondering how to correctly change this? and if I do would my sound then work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back