Motherboard
I still didn't read
CPU
the RULES
Graphics
so ignore me
Mac
  1. iMac
I am running Mojave 10.14.2, and I have no wish to upgrade past this - even if the combo update to 1.1.4.6 works, which it doesn't for me, it hangs every time.

In the meantime, the System Preferences Pane for software update is becoming seriously tedious. I can't run System Preferences at all without the software update Pane elbowing it's way to the front and nagging me to upgrade to 10.14.6.

Is there any way of turning this biut of Apple control-freakery nonsense off?

I am running Mojave 10.14.2, and I have no wish to upgrade past this - even if the combo update to 1.1.4.6 works, which it doesn't for me, it hangs every time.

In the meantime, the System Preferences Pane for software update is becoming seriously tedious. I can't run System Preferences at all without the software update Pane elbowing it's way to the front and nagging me to upgrade to 10.14.6.

Is there any way of turning this biut of Apple control-freakery nonsense off?

As per forum rules, please update your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU info.

As for macOS updates, they've all been pretty straight up and easy for me...

I don't know of a way to prevent the System Preference Pane from popping up, but I'm guessing that you can probably block the IP address of where it checks...

As per forum rules, please update your profile with your CPU, motherboard, and GPU info.

As for macOS updates, they've all been pretty straight up and easy for me...

I don't know of a way to prevent the System Preference Pane from popping up, but I'm guessing that you can probably block the IP address of where it checks...

CPU Updated. No have GPU

Hi both.

This isn't something I've ever tried with a system preference pane, only a third-party one:

Navigate to: Macintosh HD - System/Library/Preference Panes and delete the offending article? Maybe move it somewhere else temporary for testing?

I've no idea if moving a system pane causes any problems or crashes or what-have-you so take precautions etc. Worth a try? DBMIIDW!

:)

Hi both.

This isn't something I've ever tried with a system preference pane, only a third-party one:

Navigate to: Macintosh HD - System/Library/Preference Panes and delete the offending article? Maybe move it somewhere else temporary for testing?

I've no idea if moving a system pane causes any problems or crashes or what-have-you so take precautions etc. Worth a try? DBMIIDW!

:)
Thanks for the pointer. Can't delete Apple Pref Panes though - tried several times. Yet more control freakery I suppose. Can't stop it, can't delete it, can't do nuffing. Great - Uncle Timmy looking after us poor mortals who don't know any better. It feels like the 1980's are back with all their dumb-as-a-rock yuppies less interested in how good something is than the inflated price tag..

Thanks for the pointer. Can't delete Apple Pref Panes though - tried several times. Yet more control freakery I suppose. Can't stop it, can't delete it, can't do nuffing. Great - Uncle Timmy looking after us poor mortals who don't know any better. It feels like the 1980's are back with all their dumb-as-a-rock yuppies less interested in how good something is than the inflated price tag..

Did you try blocking the IP?

In Terminal try :
Code:
sudo softwareupdate --schedule off
That did the business, thanks. As soon as I rebooted after tweaking some of the update parameters - voila! no more update pane. Whoopee!

Hat off to you sir... thank you - and Pastrychef whose suggestion was good but bumped into the ring-pass-not of my own lack of competence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back