Contribute
Register

So, who's the Phish fan that wrote and/or named "Multibeast"? Nice Gamehendge reference!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170-WIFI
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I searched the entire forum and archived threads, and no one here has seemed to notice or comment about the fact that the word "Multibeast" is either a very clever Gamehendge reference, or an insane, enormous, and almost impossible coincidence!!

Either way, it's shocking that no one has even mentioned, or at least brought it up somewhere at sometime on these boards.

So is our favorite post-installation utility named after that creature Tela rides in Trey Anastasio's senior thesis that later turned into a collection of Phish songs, that when played in order tell a pretty insane, yet clever and insightful story about "The Man Who Stepped Into Yesterday"? o_O

From Gamehendge Wiki:

Multibeasts (giant four-legged creatures that are used as transportation by the people of Gamehendge, much like horses or camels. They have long curly hair and splotches of brown and white color.)

Or am I WAAAAYYYYYY off base here??

I've just never heard of the word "Multibeast" in any other context, ever, ANYWHERE, except in these two instances. If It's not a Phish reference, could someone fill me in on the meaning behind the term "Multibeast" as it applies here? Because that would be one hell of a coincidence. :think:

- J.D.S.

tonymacx86 is a Phish fan and came up with the name.

That absolutely makes my day . . actually that makes my whole month!!

Now I'm absolutely POSITIVE that going Hackintosh was the right thing to do!!

Tonymac,

The boys are on fire these days (which you probably already know)!! My first show was 10/31/1996, toured heavy 1999 -> Hiatus, Comeback, some post-hiatus, & (unfortunately) Coventry, then the REAL COMEBACK, and nowadays I hit a few shows here and there (getting a bit old to tour heavily), but since Trey got sober, Phish is kicking ass and taking names (Thank GOD for that highway patrolman in NY that night, or we might have lost Trey, who actually credits that cop for saving his life that night, and even thanked him for pulling him over . . a few years afterward of course; At the time, I doubt he was happy when he got pulled over with all that dope on him.) I don't think the officer knows what a service he did not just for us phans, but for the music world in general. Flew out to NYC for NYE 2012/2013 and they were phenom. Thank God for LivePhish & the show streaming these days . . now I don't have to go into lotrat mode if I can't get a ticket lol.

Anyway, SLIGHTLY off topic, I know, but had to say hey to a phellow phan . . and GREAT NAME for the post installation utility!! Col. Forbin would be proud (So would Tela, if she weren't dead lol).

P.S. - I always thought "Harpua" would make a great software title. Also, if you get a chance (and if you want to), maybe shoot an email up to the band's management sometime. I'm sure everyone would get a kick out of it, not to mention be stoked at how far MultiBeast has come and what a powerful and indispensable tool it has become for this community (if they don't know already, which something tells me there is a strong possibility they do).

:)

Keep up the great work my friend.

- Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back