Contribute
Register

So many having issues with Mountain lion install on HD 6xxx cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, don't listen to him, AMD Radeon 6000 cards that worked in Lion still work fine in Mountain Lion with a little fix.

Yes I have mine working without any issues.
ML seems abit faster than Lion..anyone else finding the same?

I'm trying to do a clean install of 10.8, and i have:

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 F13
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB OC
i5-2500k w/ HD 3000

All bios settings are correct, 64 bit, ahci mode etc etc.

I have taken my RAM from 16GB to 8GB for the install, as well as my GFX Card to use integrated gfx for the install (VGA)

I select to boot from UniBeast drive, and i get the Apple Logo with the spinning loader, but after about 20seconds, the spin freezes. Tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 (i did this way back when, i first installed 10.4, and it worked) but it still did the same thing.

Thoughts? Advice? Any feedback is appreciated.

I'm trying to do a clean install of 10.8, and i have:

GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 F13
Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB OC
i5-2500k w/ HD 3000

All bios settings are correct, 64 bit, ahci mode etc etc.

I have taken my RAM from 16GB to 8GB for the install, as well as my GFX Card to use integrated gfx for the install (VGA)

I select to boot from UniBeast drive, and i get the Apple Logo with the spinning loader, but after about 20seconds, the spin freezes. Tried booting with PCIRootUID=0 (i did this way back when, i first installed 10.4, and it worked) but it still did the same thing.

Thoughts? Advice? Any feedback is appreciated.

Have you tried booting with -v? it's possible that something is causing a KP before it gets to the loginwindow for the installer.

do you use dual monitor ?

thank you kext wizard will let you install the ati6000 kext but kext beast i dont think was seeing it

when i look at loaded kexts i am getting an amd6000 controller but no ati 6000 kext at all.
i am still getting veyr bad resolution on my 24 inch display. it should not be like this

You don't have to do any of this, just power cycle your pc (press your power button NOT the reset button)! When your pc wakes up again, you should see the installer!

This is the simplest work around. Still works for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back